St. Mary's Hospital Receives Get With The Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Award
Bon Secours St. Mary's Hospital received the 2015 AHA/ASA's Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award.
May is Mental Health Awareness Month
President Obama has declared May 2016 as Mental Health Awareness Month. Click here
to read about some of the common myths about mental health.
Shock - Injury - Cadence - Quiet
What is one simple key to running faster, decreasing injuries and feeling better when you run? Would you be excited to learn about what you are missing in your training program? The simple answer: weight training! Weight training is becoming much more of an accepted practice for endurance runners. Elite-level runners have embraced weight training and have made it a part of their training programs.
|5-Minute Total Body Workout
5855 Bremo Road
MOB North, Suite 207
Richmond, VA 23226
Dr. Sangha received his medical degree from the Government Medical College (Guru Nanak Dev University) India and completed an internship in Internal Medicine at the Jamaica Hospital Medical Center, Jamaica, New York. He was a Fellow in Neurophysiology at the Allegheny General Hospital and is board certified in Neurology. He is an active member of the American Academy of Neurology and a member of the American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine.
Dr. Sangha treats all general neurological conditions and has special interests in epilepsy, electrodiagnostics (EEG/EMG), neuromuscular disease and botulinum toxin injections for all neurological indications.
What do you enjoy most about being a neurologist?
Diagnosing neurological conditions is like solving a mystery. I enjoy every bit of it. A lot of new diagnostic modalities and treatments are being developed for neurological conditions once thought of as "untreatable". An exciting time to be a neurologist.
Why did you choose Bon Secours Health System?
The mission based, not-for-profit health system takes conditions out of providing healthcare, so I can do best what I'm good at. The system provides you with everything you need so that your primary focus is treating patients.
What do you enjoy outside of work?
I enjoy spending time with my family and friends in the area. I enjoy outdoor activities, community events and traveling. My wife and I try to give as much time as we can to the educational and sports activities of our 2 young sons (8 and 11). Recently, I have also been developing golf skills along with my sons.
Wellness Club Card
Richmond Balance is pleased to present Bon Secours Workforce Wellness participants with a 10% discount on all gym services including monthly gym memberships (24/7 gym access, towel service, showers and locker rooms included), group fitness classes, semi-private and 1 on 1 fitness training. Please call 703-888-8403 or email [email protected] for more information. Not valid with any other offer. Visit us at richmondbalance.com
Check out these fun upcoming events!
Come help us launch National EMS Week and National Police Week and thank those who provide the day-to-day lifesaving services of medicine's "front line." Tour helicopter, fire trucks, ambulances, police cars, and more. Free helmets to the first 400 children and free hot dogs, popcorn, and ice cream for all!
Fri., May 20-Sun., May 22
Brown's Island & Historic Tredegar
The nation's premier outdoor sports and music festival, bringing athletes, spectators, musicians, and even dogs to Brown's Island for a three-day festival against the backdrop of downtown Richmond's urban riverfront.
Connects Federal Credit Union Corporate 4-Miler
Thursday, June 9
What's better than hitting up a Thirsty Thursday happy hour with your coworkers? How about challenging them to a 4-mile race THEN throwing back a few to the tunes of a live local band? And we all know nothing says team bonding like a little friendly competition... or banding together to take down that evil industry rival from across town.
7th Annual Jack & Abby 5K Race for the NiCU
Saturday, June 25
A family-friendly 5K run/walk supporting families with babies in Bon Secours NICUs. There's also a children's festival. Strollers are welcome!
HealthFair Preventive Screenings
Many Convenient Locations
Bon Secours has partnered with HealthFair to improve the cardiovascular health of the Central Virginia community. Take advantage of a series of tests in less than one hour to screen for major risk factors of heart attack, stroke, and aneurysm all offered in a private, convenient mobile health center.
Chili-Roasted Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos with Cilantro Lime Cream
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided 1 3/4 Tbsp for potato, 1/4 Tbsp for beans, 1 Tbsp for dressing
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp fine sea salt, or to taste, divided
- 1 (15-oz) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/6 cup cilantro chopped, 1/2 cup in the beans and 2/3 cup in the sauce
- 6 small corn tortillas
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream, extra for garnish
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lime
1. Preheat the oven to 375�F and prepare a baking sheet with foil.
2. In a large bowl, toss the potato with 3/4 of the oil, chili, cayenne, cumin, and 2/3 of the salt.
3. Roast the potatoes in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, until tender.
4. While the potato is baking, in the same bowl you used for the potatoes, combine the beans, remaining salt, remaining oil, and the portion of cilantro for the beans in the ingredient list. There will be some leftover spices on the sides of the bowl from coating the potato, that you can incorporate into the beans as you stir.
5. When the potato is cooked, add, to the beans, and gently toss to combine.
6. In a food processor, pulse together the portion of cilantro called for in the sauce and garlic until finely chopped. Add the yogurt, sour cream, salt, pepper, and lime, then process until smooth. Add the oil while the processor is running.
7. Place the tortillas between two damp towels and microwave for 20 to 30 seconds. Top the tortillas with the cilantro lime cream sauce, bean-potato mixture, and a dollop of sour cream.