109th Annual Meeting Recap
The American Railway Development Association (ARDA) 2015 Annual Meeting in Denver was a great success. After a Welcome Reception at Denver's historic Union Station, Annual Meeting attendees enjoyed an excellent program and range of speakers at the Westin Denver Downtown.
With over 120 attendees, speakers and spouses, ARDA's 2015 Annual Meeting, The Changing Face of Business, provided a relaxed, open setting, allowing attendees to connect and get to know one another on a more personal level and share openly about their professional experiences and challenges.
The final registration list can be found here
, and the final program can be found here
ARDA Silent Auction Generates Large Charitable Contribution
Thank you to all who participated in the Silent Auction at the 2015 Annual Meeting in Denver. With your help we were able to raise $1,820 for the Harvesters Community Food Network
. This year, ARDA has chosen to match the contributions of our members and will be donating a total of $3,640
Harvesters' is a regional food bank serving 26 counties in northeastern Kansas and northwestern Missouri, including the Kansas City metropolitan area. For more information on Harvesters' mission and programs please visit their website here.
New ARDA Officers for 2015-16
We are pleased to welcome a number of new officers on the Board and in the Section leadership. For the 2015-16 year the leadership will be as follows:
ARDA Board of Directors
- President: Stephanie Johnson, Director, Carload Sales, Florida East Coast Railways
- First Vice President: Alan Sisk, Director Technical Services, Norfolk Southern Corporation
- Second Vice President: Gary Rozmus, Senior Consultant, GEI Consultants
- Secretary-Treasurer: Mark Holder, Director-Property Management, CSX Transportation
- Secretary-Treasurer Nominee: Doug Morrison, Division Director, Rail, Bartlett & West
- Past President Elizabeth Steel, AVP - Real Estate & Industrial Development, Kansas City Southern
Economic Development Section
- Chair: Alanna Strohecker, Project Manager, AECOM
- Vice Chair: Jon Arita, Regional Manager - Economic Development, BNSF Railway Company
- Chair: Matt Graham, Director Environmental Real Estate, BNSF Railway Company
- Vice Chair: Peter Masson, Environmental Planning & Permitting Lead, GHD
- Secretary: Devin Sprinkle, Regional Manager - Environment (U.S.), CN
- Chair: Michael Wallenstein, Partner, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman
- Vice Chair: David Drach, Director, Real Estate - U.S., Canadian Pacific
Real Estate Section
- Chair: Matt Cangiolosi, Director Real Estate, CSX Real Property, Inc.
- Vice Chair: Mark James, Chief Operating Officer, Omega Rail Management
- Chair: Andy Vollmer, Property Manager, Norfolk Southern Corporation
- Vice Chair: Rachael Crandley, Assistant Director of Business Development and Planning, Consolidated Rail Corporation
- Secretary: Charlotte Crivella, Rail Business Developer, Bartlett & West, Inc.
Thank you to all of our 2014-15 Officers for all of your hard work putting together two very successful events in New Orleans and Denver!
ARDA Sponsorship Opportunities
For over 100 years, the American Railway Development Association has helped foster economic development, real estate, law, technology and environmental activities of North American railroads. ARDA's seminars and workshops provide railroad professionals with quality information and industry discussion of the current issues facing railroad development. A balance of programs and interests has been the norm covering environmental, industrial development, business development, real estate, technology and law issues. ARDA would not have survived this long without our friends and sponsors supporting the organization's efforts.
ARDA offers sponsorship opportunities either on an annual basis or at one of our events. To sponsor ARDA please complete this form, or visit our sponsorship page for more information.
ARDA members, to renew your membership, please visit the new ARDA website at www.amraildev.com and log-in at the top right corner of the page.
Your renewed membership allows ARDA to continue fostering the industrial, real estate, natural resources, market development activities and environmental concerns of the North American railroads through the advancement of ideas and education of its members.
If you are not an ARDA member and would like to join, please visit our registration page.
Save the Date! - ARDA 2016 Executive Forum
The 2016 Executive Forum will take place from 12pm Tuesday January 26 to 12pm Wednesday January 27, 2016 at the Hyatt Regency Miami. More details to follow. For now, save the date!
The American Railway Development Association (ARDA) is a not-for-profit educational trade association founded in 1906 to promote Economic Development, Real Estate Development, Technology, and Environmental Activities of the North American Railroads.
The objectives of the Association are to foster the industrial, real estate, natural resources, market development activities and environmental concerns of the North American railroads; and through the advancement of ideas and education of its members, further promote the effectiveness of railway development and related work.
Thank You ARDA 2014 - 2015 Sponsors
Kansas City Southern
Clear Channel Outdoor
Florida East Coast Railway
Green Group Holdings
Herzog Contracting Corp.
LJA Engineering, Inc.
New Members since June
Bone McAllester Norton
Terminal Railroad Association of St. Louis
T.Y. Lin International