FINANCIAL AID: 8 IMPORTANT TIPS
1) Be sure you have filed your FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov.
2) Were you selected by the Dept. of Education for Verification? If so, turn in your additional documents ASAP - and definitely by July 31. No aid will be disbursed if you do not complete the verification process.
3) Are you unsure if you were selected for verification? Contact the Financial Aid Office.
4) Do you want to use the federal student loans that were offered to you? To accept all or a portion (or decline them), log-in to myNCF portal, click on NewCLEIS.
5) If you are accepting student loans, complete the Direct Loan Entrance Counseling at www.studentloans.gov. No loans will be processed if this is incomplete.
6) Parent Plus loan information and application can be found at www.studentloans.gov.
7) Are you eligible for work study and interested in a job? Contact the Financial Aid Office.
8) Check your New College email frequently for financial aid updates, reminders and requests throughout the academic year.
Questions about Financial Aid (FAFSA, Scholarships, Loans, Bright Futures)? Contact us: email@example.com or call (941) 487-5000 / fax (941) 487-5010.
BUSINESS OFFICE: TUITION, PAYMENTS & MORE!
Our Business Office processes tuition & fee payments, applies Florida prepaid and outside scholarships to your account and issues student refunds.
To Do: submit these forms, preferably by July 31.
Many answers to your questions can be found here in our Just the Facts! brochure.
Visit our Business Office website for more details. Still have questions? Contact us at: (941) 487-4625 or firstname.lastname@example.org
WHY FILL OUT THESE FORMS?
We need your Account Information Release Authorization (FERPA) and Parent Contact forms completed, printed and returned so that we can share your student financial account details with your parents/guardians and are able to contact them, if needed. Federal law requires a signed form on file for each student.
We also need your Financial Aid & Title IV Authorization form completed so that your financial aid is correctly applied to your account.
NOTE: If a FERPA form is not on file, then no information may be disclosed to anyone but the student, regardless of who pays the bills for the student.
USING FLORIDA PREPAID?
If you have Florida Prepaid, visit our website to understand how your plan is applied at New College of Florida.
NOTE: If you have a Florida Prepaid contract, it will only cover 120 undergraduate credit hours. At minimum, as a New College of Florida student, you will enroll in 124 credit hours equivalencies (7 contracts & 3 ISPs), pending satisfactory contract completion during your career with us. Community College plan credits pay at a lower rate than those purchased with university coverage.
WHEN DO I GET MY TUITION & FEES BILL? HOW DO I PAY?
Student bills will be mailed to the permanent (home) address on file approximately 3 weeks prior to each semester (for Fall 2013, by August 10). Check your NewCLEIS account to make sure we have your correct address on file. You can also check your student account for charges after bills have been mailed (in mid-August).
You can pay your student account online! Review our instructions on how to view your account balance and make payment.
Avoid late fees by making arrangements to cover payment of all charges for the term by the first Friday of classes. (Fall 2013, August 30)