The members of the Pacific Central District Board met in Sacramento on Saturday to conduct the business of the District, but the terrible images and stories of loss from the Valley Fire and the Butte Fire made that work difficult at times. Many of us know someone personally or within our circle of acquaintances and neighbors who lost a home.
We are writing you today to urge you to consider the variety of ways that your congregation can help with relieving the suffering of our friends and neighbors in Lake, Amador and Calaveras counties.
1. Holding those suffering from the fires in your thoughts, and support them as you are able, whether that be through prayer, sending healing light and energy, or holding a positive thought for them.
2. Organizing a food drive for the agencies serving the evacuees. Protein is especially needed (but check for specific needs before organizing).
3. Lake Country has asked for small and large animal food and supplies. (Please see the California Volunteers website below.)
4. Organize a team of volunteers when the rebuilding efforts begin.
5. Take a special collection in a worship service. Give the whole basket away. Consider doing it twice! Calaveras and Amador Community Foundations are accepting donations, and the Redwood Credit Union has established a fund for Valley fire victims. (Please see the California Volunteers website below for advice on cash donations.)
The two articles below contains many links to agencies that are providing relief:
The PCD Board of Directors