Hello BDC Family and Friends,
WELCOME 2014! If you are reading this in the middle of your New Year's revelry - we are happy to be one of the first to usher in 2014 with you! Be safe out there, kids...
As the New Year begins, I always take time to ponder: What is SIGNIFICANT in my life? What makes me SIGNIFICANTLY different from others? How do I continue to foster SIGNIFICANT relationships that have meaning to me? This eWaves is dedicated to the notion of SIGNIFICANCE...
With this in mind, instead of creating a BDC NOW photo of ourselves, Rob and I found SIGNIFICANT objects in the Winter Office and created the image above. Some of you will recognize these SIGNIFICANTLY BDC items. We each bring our own SIGNIFICANCE to things that we do or see or think about.
It's now the 14th year of this century and millennium... What is the SIGNIFICANCE of the number fourteen? Here are a few examples:
- In the sport of Rugby, the player in the starting right wing position, always wears the number 14;
- There are 14 Stations in the Cross;
- In England, there are 14 pounds in a stone and 14 days in a fortnight;
- The flag of Myanmar (formerly Burma) has 14 stars representing its 14 states;
- Scientists believe that most mammals have a sense of smell 14 times more sensitive than us humans.
Can you think of any others? Feel free to share them with us!
So you get the idea... pick something - anything - and think about its SIGNIFICANCE. It's a fun game for middle of the winter...
Now that 2014 has arrived, in just a few short months, we will be together again on Cape Cod. Until then...
Milisa 'misa' Galazzi, Director
Brewster Day Camp
P.S. Time to start the count down to camp...any ideas how many days until June 23, 2014? Look here