Our existing NPDES General Permits for construction sites in Georgia will expire July 31, 2013, and since it's anticipated the new general permits will not be issued prior to August 31, 2013, a lot of folks are worrying about what to do in the mean time. Also, as we all discuss the draft changes that have been added/subtracted in the new permits, keep in mind that the draft general permits are DRAFT and not finalized until the Georgia EPD issues/implements them officially.Things can change and usually do during times of transition, so it's important not to over react or draw conclusions at this time.
Click on one of the following DRAFT NPDES General Permits for Storm Water Discharges Associated with Construction Activities for what MIGHT be coming down the pipe.
GAR100001 - Stand Alone Permit,
GAR100002 - Infrastructure Permit, and
GAR100003 - Common Development Permit
The expired general permits will continue in force for existing projects until the new general permits are issued, final and effective. However, construction sites that have not obtained coverage under the existing permits by July 31, 2013 cannot become authorized to discharge under the continued permits. However, the
State is working on several different options consistent with existing law and regulations to ensure that construction is not unreasonably delayed due only to the fact that a new general permits may not have yet been fully promulgated. But in the mean time, those contemplating new construction during any period of the administrative extension of the expired general permits should file a Notice of Intent (not yet drafted for review) prior to
midnight, July 31, 2013.
NPDES Training Institute course materials are being updated as we speak to continue to provide our classrooms with the most up to date information possible!
We are working hard to be your trusted source for Georgia construction stormwater information!
T. Luke Owen and Staff
NPDES Training Institute
EXCITING TRAINING ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!
*****You spoke and WE LISTENED!*****
We get excellent reviews of our trainings, but have frequently received requests for these changes, so...
- We now serve Breakfast or Lunch at our trainings! This is now included in your registration fee. (By the way - we did not raise our prices)
- We have added both a Level 1A Fundamentals and a 1A/1B and Level II Re-Certification in Dalton!
- We have added a Saturday Level 1A Fundamentals and Level 1A/1B and Level II Recert Class in Norcross! (First Saturday class is August 24th)
Sign up for a class TODAY!
Do you have special requests? We listen! We want to know what you need. Call or email us today!
"American's Working Together for WATER QUALITY!"
Click Here for
Must know's about our training!
- We GUARANTEE our Training! If you don't pass a test when you train with us, you will not pay to re-test!
- You will receive a FREE FIELD MANUAL with EVERY registration! This is a $20 value, and is MUST HAVE in the field. Sign up today for any level 1A, 1B, Level II or any re-cert class and get your Field Manual on the day of your training. REGISTER HERE
- You will be served either breakfast at a re-cert training or Lunch at the 1A/1B or Level II trainings.
- We now offer training in Gainesville, Athens, Lawrenceville, Cumming, and Dalton in addition to our other training locations. We've also added a Saturday Level 1A class! Be sure to check out our SCHEDULE OF COURSES for all of our training locations! REGISTER HERE
- We offer PRIVATE COURSES upon request at your location or ours! These are often the same price or reduced price from our regular training! Call today to discuss your training needs. 678-469-5120 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We offer ONLINE RECERTIFICATION training for all levels that can be done from the comfort of your home or office - 24 hours a day! The price is $90. Here are some Frequently Asked Questions about the online re-cert training. Visit www.geologiconline.com to sign up for an online recert class, or call us with any questions at 678-469-5120
- Want some feedback from our past students? Read reviews from our "Raving Fans"
- DON't FORGET ABOUT OUR ONLINE COURSES FOR THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY to name a few:
- Hazard Communication
- Heat Stress
- Lockout-Tagout Awareness
- Hearing Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)