TAKE THIS JOB AND LOVE IT! - TUESDAY MAY 6
Download Take this Job and Love it!
HOTEL WATCH IN BILLINGS!
Just need to say (imagine my voice rising) that photos in the snow are getting boring! Here are the latest and greatest – in info and photos all taken April 2. As always … We will strive to keep you up to date via our research into the status of new hotels, being built or rumored, in the Billings/Yellowstone County area. Resources are Billings Gazette, Big Sky EDA, YCLA member properties, and Cynroc photography. There continue to be 8-11 new hotels rumored, planned, or in construction – 4 in serious construction at this time. Please check the YCLA website for updates between newsletters. http://www.yellowstonecountylodgingassociation.com/hotelwatch.html
- Homewood Suites – photo April 2, 2014
- Status: Framing, windows, and pillars moving rapidly – looking good to meet schedule.
- General: a Hilton extended-stay hotel, 4-story, 110 rooms with full kitchens, hot breakfast and light dinners served with beer or wine Monday through Thursday. Pool, hot tub, fitness room, sport court/billiards room, 2 outdoor patios. Erck Hotel group of Missoula.
- Location: 3120 Ember Lane, off Zoo Drive and Interstate 90, between the Hampton Inn & Suites and The Big Horn Resort.
- Completion: Opening date set July 1, 2014 at a cost of $13-14 million
- Rates: Winter room rates will be approximately $130 and rise to $150 in summer.
- Home2 Suites – photo April 2, 2014
- Status: Stagnant since last month. Equipment and materials still staging at the old Carmike Theater. Completion previously estimated for spring 2014 will be pushed out. Don Cape’s idea was for location near to Jake’s West End.
- General: 105 rooms, a Hilton extended-stay hotel, modern design, kitchens in the rooms and a work wall that doubles as an entertainment area for guests
- Location: Property being negotiated on the west end.
- Completion: Estimated March/April 2014 at a cost of $9.4 million
- Rates: approximately $100 per night.
- TownePlace Suites – photo April 2, 2014
- Status: From stakes in the snow to significant groundwork in one month!
- General: a Residence by Marriott, extended-stay hotel, 94 rooms, 4 stories
- Location: 2480 Grant Road, behind Home Depot, directly across from the Billings Hilton Garden Inn
- Completion: Originally estimated fall 2014 – might be an ambitious date
- Rates: listed in all research as “mid-price
- Holiday Inn Express – photo April 2, 2014
- Status: Upper floors going up rapidly.
- General: 89 rooms, $8.4 million, No specific info at this time. Sign shows 5-story hotel.
- Location: 3431 Ember Lane, across from the Hampton Inn & Suites and the new Homewood Suites, in front of the Rib & Chop House on Ember Lane off Zoo Drive and Interstate 90.
- Completion: sign states 2014
- Rates: $131 per night (per website, other HIExpress in Billings)
- LaQuinta – photo April 2, 2014
- Status: Framing nearly complete, moving rapidly toward completion.
- General: Four story, 85 rooms. Their “new urban design – stucco and stone. A Midwest Ventures Kelly Inn property
- Location: Frontage Road next to Cracker Barrel Restaurant
- Completion: No date known at this time, but progress is rapid.
- Rates: No info at this time.
- Ledgestone – photo April 2, 2014
- Status: Opened in March!
- General: Three-story, 80-room. George Swift, owns Aspen Hotels and Western Steel based in suburban Seattle, invested $8 million for hotel, land, and furnishings. He has built more than 50 hotels in 8 states. Rumored possible extended-stay.
- Location: 4863 King Ave. E., off South Billings Boulevard, next to Holiday Gas Station
- Completion: Opened for business March 2014
- Rates: No info at this time.
- My Place Hotel – photo April 2, 2014
- Status: Ground broken, building materials collecting
- General: 64 rooms
- Location: 4770 King Ave. E., between Burger King and Cabela’s
YCLA APRIL MEMBERS' MEETING
YCLA Meeting – April 16, 2014, 12:30pm at the Big Horn Resort Lunch will be $13.
EVENTS TO PLAN ON
MetraPark – Great events likely to bring out-of-town guests to Billings!
- PBR Built Ford Tough Invitational – Apr 11-13
- Billings Market Association (Private Show) – Apr 25 – 27
- Women of Faith: From Survival to Revival – April 25-26
- Montana Brewers Spring Festival – April 25
- Relay for Life Fundraiser – April 26
- Leroy Van Dyke with Williams and Ree – Apr 27
- MSU Billings Graduation – May 3
- Big Sky Voleyfest – May 3-4
- Three Horse Series – May 3
- Special Olympics Summer Games Opening Ceremonies – May 14
- Three Horse Series – May 17
- Montana Women’s Expo – May 17
- All-Breed Open and Arabian Horse Show – May 24-25
- Skyview, Senior, West High School Graduations – June 1
- Three Horse Series – June 7
- Jewl of the Big Sky Appaloosa Show – June 13-15
- Motor Carriers of Montana Truck Driving Championship – June 14
- Energy Exposition – June 25 – 26
- Montana Fair – Aug 8-16
- Billings Market Association (Private Show) – Sept 19 – 21
- Living Proof Live with Beth Moore – Oct 24-25
WHAT VISIT BILLINGS IS DOING FOR US!
Lots of positive action from Alex and our Visit Billings team! Please click here to view just the booked, pending, and lost events – dates, room nights, and more.
Please click here for the full attendee packet.
Also, the full report can always be found on this page of the VisitBillings website http://www.visitbillings.com/tbid.php