HOTEL WATCH IN BILLINGS!
Our winter has slowed us all down, but there is some progress being made on the new hotels in Billings – even it it’s just the stakes in the ground for the TownePlace Suites. Here’s the latest we have … We will strive to keep you up to date via our research into the status of new hotels, being built or rumored, in the Billings/Yellowstone County area. Resources are Billings Gazette, Big Sky EDA, YCLA member properties, and Cynroc photography. There continue to be 8-11 new hotels rumored, planned, or in construction – 4 in serious construction at this time. Please check the YCLA website for updates between newsletters. http://www.yellowstonecountylodgingassociation.com/hotelwatch.html
- Homewood Suites – photo March 4, 2014
- Status: Framing, windows, and pillars moving rapidly – looking good to meet schedule.
- General: a Hilton extended-stay hotel, 4-story, rooms with full kitchens, breakfast and light dinners served with beer or wine Monday through Thursday. Erck Hotel group of Missoula.
- Location: Between the Hampton Inn & Suites and The Big Horn Resort on Ember Lane off Zoo Drive and Interstate 90.
- Completion: Estimated June 2014 at a cost of $13-14 million
- Rates: Winter room rates will be approximately $130 and rise to $150 in summer.
- Home2 Suites – photo March 4, 2014
- Status: Equipment and materials are staging at the old Carmike Theater. Completion previously estimated for spring 2014 will be pushed out. Don Cape’s idea was for location near to Jake’s West End.
- General: a Hilton extended-stay hotel, modern design, kitchens in the rooms and a work wall that doubles as an entertainment area for guests
- Location: Property being negotiated on the west end.
- Completion: Estimated March/April 2014 at a cost of $9.4 million
- Rates: approximately $100 per night.
- TownePlace Suites – photo March 4, 2014
- Status: If you look closely, you can see the stakes in the snow!
- General: a Residence by Marriott, extended-stay hotel, 94 rooms, 4 stories
- Location: 963 S. 25th St. W - Directly across from the Billings Hilton Garden Inn, behind Home Depot
- Completion: Originally estimated fall 2014 – might be an ambitious date
- Rates: listed in all research as “mid-price”
- Holiday Inn Express –photo March 4, 2014
- Status: Taking shape of the brand
- General: No specific info at this time. Sign shows 5-story hotel.
- Location: Across from the Hampton Inn & Suites in front of the Rib & Chop House on Ember Lane off Zoo Drive and Interstate 90.
- Completion: sign states 2014
- Rates: $131 per night (per website, other HIExpress in Billings)
- LaQuinta –photo March 6, 2014
- Status: Going up quickly, even through the weather
- General: Four story, 85 rooms. Their “new urban design – stucco and stone. A Midwest Ventures Kelly Inn property
- Location: Frontage Road next to Cracker Barrel Restaurant
- Completion: No date known at this time, but progress is rapid.
- Rates: No info at this time.
- Ledgestone –photo March 6, 2014
- Status: Doing the finishing touches
- General: Three-story, 80-room. George Swift, owns Aspen Hotels and Western Steel based in suburban Seattle, invested $8 million for hotel, land, and furnishings. He has built more than 50 hotels in 8 states. Rumored possible extended-stay.
- Location: Just off South Billings Blvd, next to Holiday Gas Station
- Completion: Most recent news from the GM, is hoping for March/April.
- Rates: No info at this time.
YCLA MARCH MEMBERS' MEETING
YCLA Meeting – March 19, 2014, 12:30pm at the wonderful Hilton Garden Inn! Lunch will be $15.
WHAT AN OUTSTANDING LINEUP OF GUEST SPEAKERS LAST MONTH!
EVENTS TO PLAN ON
MetraPark – Great events likely to bring out-of-town guests to Billings!
- Southern B Divisional Boys & Girls Basketball – Mar 6 – 8
- State AA Boys & Girls Basketball – Mar 13-15
- Spotlight Dance Cup – Mar 14-16
- JSEC Jobs Jamboree – Mar 19
- 50th Salespersons’ Breakfast – Mar 20
- No Limits Monster Truck Winter Nationals – Mar 22
- Montana Open Wrestling – Mar 29-30
- Montana Energy 2014 Tradeshow & Convention – Apr 2 – 3
- PBR Built Ford Tough Invitational – Apr 11-13
- Billings Market Association (Private Show) – Apr 25 – 27
- Leroy Van Dyke with Williams and Ree – Apr 27
- MSU Billings Graduation – May 3
- Special Olympics Summer Games Opening Ceremonies – May 14
- Skyview, Senior, West High School Graduations – June 1
- Motor Carriers of Montana Truck Driving Championship – June 14
- Energy Exposition – June 25 – 26
- Montana Fair – Aug 8-16
- Billings Market Association (Private Show) – Sept 19 – 21
- Living Proof Live with Beth Moore – Oct 24-25
Events coming to Billings from your CVB/TBID!
Alex Tyson has provided a full detail of the outstanding work her staff has done in booking events for Billings. Please click here to view 5 pages that describe the most current scheduled events – dates, room nights, and more.
Also, the full report can always be found on this page of the VisitBillings website http://www.visitbillings.com/tbid.php