GIVING THANKS TOUR
The Montana Chamber is hitting the road for the Montana Business Agenda Tour, giving thanks for membership and an improved economy. We will be traveling the state in order to represent all businesses and gauge local perspectives. Ongoing government affairs work, insurance programs, and other business issues will be covered.
All businesses are invited to attend for a short one-hour program, networking, refreshments, and door prizes!
RSVP: Stacye@MontanaChamber.com or (406) 442-2405
Wednesday, NOVEMBER 27
8:00 AM Billings Chamber of Commerce
815 S 27th St, Billings, MT
HOTEL WATCH IN BILLINGS!
We will strive to keep you up to date via our research into the status of new hotels, being built or rumored, in the Billings/Yellowstone County area. Resources are Billings Gazette, Big Sky EDA, YCLA member properties, and Cynroc photography. There continue to be 8-11 new hotels rumored, planned, or in construction. Please check the YCLA website for updates between newsletters. http://www.yellowstonecountylodgingassociation.com/hotelwatch.html
- Homewood Suites 11/11/13
- Status: 4 floors are looking well-framed – looking good to meet schedule.
- General: a Hilton extended-stay hotel, 4-story, rooms with full kitchens, breakfast and light dinners served with beer or wine Monday through Thursday. Erck Hotel group of Missoula.
- Location: Between the Hampton Inn & Suites and The Big Horn Resort on Ember Lane off Zoo Drive and Interstate 90.
- Completion: Estimated June 2014 at a cost of $13-14 million
- Rates: Winter room rates will be approximately $130 and rise to $150 in summer.
- Holiday Inn Express 11/11/13
- Status: Elevator shafts and stairwells are up. Foundation in.
- General: No specific info at this time. Sign shows 5-story hotel.
- Location: Across from the Hampton Inn & Suites in front of the Rib & Chop House on Ember Lane off Zoo Drive and Interstate 90.
- Completion: sign states 2014
- Rates: $131 per night (per website, other HIExpress in Billings)
- Ledgestone 11/08/13
- Status: Walls up, roof on, siding going on.
- General: Three-story, 80-room. George Swift, owns Aspen Hotels and Western Steel based in suburban Seattle, invested $8 million for hotel, land, and furnishings. He has built more than 50 hotels in 8 states. Rumored possible extended-stay.
- Location: Just off South Billings Blvd, next to Holiday Gas Station
- Completion: No date known at this time, but from the looks of the progress, it could be early spring.
- Rates: No info at this time.
YCLA NOVEMBER MEMBERS' MEETING
YCLA Meeting – November 20, 2013, 12:30pm at The Western Heritage Center.
The cost of lunch is $12.
JUST FOR FUN!
DO YOU KNOW
EVENTS TO PLAN ON
- MetraPark – Great events likely to bring out-of-town guests to Billings
• Mannheim Steamroller Christmas by Chip Davis – Nov 16
• Sesame Street Live “Elmo Makes Music” - Dec 1
• Acquire the Fire – Christian Youth Conference – Dec 6 & 7
• Chase Hawks Rodeo – Dec 21
• Billings Market Association (Private Show) – Jan 30 – Feb 2
• All Class State High School Wrestling – Feb 14 – 15
• The Band Perry in Concert – Feb 16
• Eastern A Divisional Boys & Girls Basketball – Feb 27 – Mar 1
• Harlem Globetrotters 2014 “Fans Rule” World Tour – Mar 2
• Southern B Divisional Boys & Girls Basketball – Mar 6 – 8
• Montana Energy 2014 Tradeshow & Convention – Apr 2 – 3
• Billings Market Association (Private Show) – Apr 25 – 27
• Energy Exposition – June 25 – 26
• Billings Market Association (Private Show) – Sept 19 – 21
- First quarter bookings for FY 2013-2014 from CVB/TBID
Tourism News 10-8-13
• US Tennis Association - Montana Youth/Adult Tennis
Tournament - October 2013: 150 room nights
• Aflac Regional Meeting, February 2014: 300 room
nights, Big Horn Resort
• Spot Light Dance Competition, March 2014: 100 room
nights, Holiday Inn Grand
• Montana Harley Owners Group, July 2014: 1,100 room
nights, Billings Hotel and Convention Center and
Holiday Inn Grand
• Beth Moore Ministries, October 2014: 895 room nights,
Crowne Plaza, Clocktower, Billings Hotel and Convention
Center, Holiday Inn Grand, Big Horn Resort, Hilton Garden Inn,
and Country Inn and Suites
• Montana Meat Processors Association, September 2015:
450 room nights, Big Horn Resort
Grand Total: 2,995 Room Nights!