- FREE 1-HOUR FACEBOOK MARKETING CONSULTATION! Drop your card into Cynroc’s bling box when you check in, drawing will be during the meeting!
- 8% Discount – Thrifty Car Rentals. Contact Carla Ulschak (406) 259-0106
- FREE Employee Group Tours – Western Heritage Center! Increase your knowledge of this great local attraction and learn about regional history. Contact Lisa Olmsted (Lisa@ywhc.org ) 256-6809
BILLINGS ON TOP and GROWING! STR NUMBERS OVERVIEW – MAY 2013
Of note: Statewide RevPAR increased in May (52.62) over
the previous month (40.72) by 29.22%, while Billings’ growth in RevPAR (May over April)
was up … 8.93%!
- 1.9% - percentage of increase in RevPAR, year to date, 2013 over 2012, in Billings, Montana
- 11.6% - percentage of increase in RevPAR, May 2013 over May 2012, in Billings, Montana
- May RevPar rates in Montana cities:
- 64.04– Billings (up from 58.79)
- 56.28– Bozeman (up from 41.12)
- 55.73– Missoula (up from 41.26)
- 52.90– Helena (up from 45.77)
- 46.55– Great Falls (up from 44.21)
ELECTION OF NEW OFFICERS OF YCLA!
Nichole Mehling, GM of the Hilton Garden Inn, was elected our new president for the upcoming year, and we are proud to have her expertise and professionalism at the helm. Under her leadership, we all are looking forward to
a great year for YCLA. Blake Wahrlich of the Clock Tower Inn was elected vice president;
Bobbi Conzalez of the Lexington was elected secretary; and Gail Linnell of the Kelly Inn was elected treasurer. Our newly elected allied member-at-large is Andy Pirami of Billings
Carpet Cleaning. What a great slate of
HOTEL WATCH IN BILLINGS!
Keep an eye on your YCLA newsletters for status updates on new hotels being built in Billings. We will also have a running update on the website with photos and the latest information as we collect it. Today, we are aware of 6-9 new hotels planned or in construction (Most of our initial research is from the Billings Gazette, with some input from members):
|Homewood Suites - July 11
|Holiday Inn Express - July 11
|New vehicles in the neighborhood
- Homewood Suites
- General: a Hilton extended-stay hotel, rooms with full kitchens, breakfast and light dinners served with beer or wine Monday through Thursday.
- Location: Between the Hampton Inn & Suites and The Big Horn Resort on Ember Lane off Zoo Drive and Interstate 90.
- Completion: Estimated June 2014 at a cost of $14 million
- Rates: Winter room rates will be approximately $130 and rise to $150 in summer.
- Home2 Suites
- General: a Hilton extended-stay hotel, Modern design, kitchens in the rooms and a work wall that doubles as an entertainment area for guests
- Location: Property being negotiated on the west end near
the Hilton Garden Inn.
- Completion: Estimated March/April 2014 at a cost of $9.4 million
- Rates: approximately $100 per night.
- TownePlace Suites
- General: a Marriott, extended-stay hotel, 94 rooms, 4 stories
- Location: 963 S. 25th St. W - Directly across from the Billings Hilton Garden Inn, behind Home Depot
- Completion: Estimated fall 2014
- Rates: listed in all research as “mid-price”
- Trailhead Lodge
- General: Red Lion franchise, 80 rooms all with fireplaces
- Location: 2 acres at 3838 Zoo Drive, south side
- Completion: no info at this time
- Rates: no infor at this time
- Holiday Inn Express
- General: No specific info at this time.
- Location: Across from the Hampton Inn & Suites in front of the Rib & Chop House on Ember Lane off Zoo Drive and Interstate 90.
- Completion: no info, but property is fenced off, trailer is set up, and equipment is starting to move in)
- Rates: $131 per night (per website, other HIExpress in Billings)
- Unidentified hotel
- General: Billings attorney and developer Dave Veeder and an unidentified partner who operate Lads Riverside, LLC bought 5-1/2-acre property, site of the former Carmike 7 Theater site on Overland Avenue, and are considering a hotel. (Is this the Home2 Suites?)
- Unidentified hotel
- Tentative plans are heard for another hotel off the Lockwood exit by the existing Holiday Inn Express
- Two potential hotels are being discussed for the east BID area
- One hotel on 1st & Expo Drive – hotel, theatre, and shopping center
- Another hotel on 6th & Expo Drive
YCLA JULY MEMBERS' MEETING
YCLA Meeting – July 17, 2013, 12:30pm at ZooMontana – outside under the tent!
The cost of boxed lunch is $12.
- Guest Speakers:
- Troy – ZooMontana
- Mark Francis - Integra
EVENTS TO PLAN ON
- MetraPark – Great events likely to bring out-of-town guests to Billings
- The Dirty Dash, Billings 5K – July 27
- MontanaFair – Aug 9-17
- Yellowstone River Roundup Rodeo – Aug 15-17
- Burn the Point Car Show – Aug 31
- Yellowstone Valley Weekend for Women – Sept 13 & 14
- Magic City Rollers – Sep 21
- Color Me Rad 5K – Sep 21
- Mannheim Steamroller Christmas by Chip Davis – Nov 16
- Great Job CVB/TBID! - Scheduled
- ASTSWMO: 600 room nights, 7/2013
- NOWCAP- Black Lung and Resp. Disease: 1,000 room nights, 9/2013
- From CVB/TBID – Pending
- Nat’l Assoc. of Extradition Officials: 400 room nights for July 2014
- International Assoc. of Work Force Professionals: 950 room nights