Focus On: Barbecues
Now that Memorial Day has come and gone, it's unofficially the start of summer which means sun, fun and, of course, barbecues. You may love hosting everyone under the sun, but figuring out how much you need to buy and make for all your guests may not be so fun. So, here are some guidelines for determining how much food and drink you will need for all your summer entertaining.
For the Food:
- 1 ½ servings per guest of any burger, hot dog or sandwich.
- 1 ½ cups total per guest for side dishes such as pasta salad, cole slaw or potato salad.
- For every 25 people you should have 2 large platters of cut-up fruits and/or vegetable crudités.
- 2-3 cookies per person and 8 ounces of ice cream per person.
For the Drinks:
- 1 ½ alcoholic drinks per guest per hour.
- If you are serving alcohol, for every 25 people, you will need 2 gallons of whatever non-alcoholic beverages you are serving - lemonade, soda, iced tea, etc.
- If you are not serving alcohol, be sure to have, 4 gallons of drinks for every 25 people.
You are now ready to fire up the grill! But, if you prefer that someone else does the cooking and preparing, contact GoodDeeds. Our party planners will take care of everything from invitations and decorations to the food and those that will serve it. You can just sit back, relax and enjoy while GoodDeeds does everything to make sure your barbecue sizzles!