Experts: Modified Duty Important
for both Employees & Employers
An effective injury management program begins before an injury happens, not on the day the employee files the first report of injury. Although many companies have return-to-work programs, few realize the benefits of the program because they omit or overlook key elements of the process. Is this you?
Debbie Scicluna and Sally Parkinson of Pinnacol Assurance discussed the building blocks of return to work policies June 26 at The Budweiser Events Center. If you missed the presentation, you can learn more by clicking here.
Safety Tips for Working Outdoors
If your employees work under the hot summer sun, you'll want to make sure they take precautions to keep themselves safe. This includes:
- Wearing sunscreen with as high an SPF as possible and reapplying every two hours to maintain effectiveness.
- Wearing a brimmed hat and sunglasses.
- Staying hydrated by drinking water and/or sports drinks.
- Taking cover during thunderstorms, but not under trees, where lighting risk increases.
- Finding a covered shelter (car or truck) during hailstorms.
New Network Keeps You Up to Date on Colorado Workers' Comp Issues
Are you interested in issues that affect Colorado's workers' compensation system? Do you want to stay up-to-date on the latest industry and legislative news? Sign up for Pinnacol's new Workers' Comp News and Issues Network. This website offers updates on workers' comp news, trends and legislation. It also provides tools to contact state and federal elected officials. To get started, visit cqrcengage.com/pinnacol.