In the spirit of the season and the celebraton of the New Year of 2014, the Good Deed Brigade presents Top 10 List for Good Deeds to Perform in 2014. Our Top 10 List is just one of many lists of Good Deeds that can be performed in 2014 and beyond.
Hopefully, each of you will strive to do your share good deeds in 2014 to make the world a better place for others. Drum roll please. Yes, the announcement of our Top 10 List deserves a drum roll as do all lists and efforts that promote kindness and good deeds.
10. Send a handwritten card of goodwill and well wishes to a friend or family member. Even one handwritten card can make a big difference. Endeavor to send out many cards and notes throughout the year.
9. Donate time or money to a local food bank. Be thankful for what you have and help those less fortunate in the community.
8. Recommend the services or goods of a small business to a friends, family members, and neighbors. Your community will end up looking like all other communities without small businesses. Support local small businesses every chance you get.
7. Spend quality time with friends and family. This is one that we can all make part of our New Year's list. Pull your head out of your mobile phone, tablet, and computer to spend some quality time with the people you care about and who care about you.
6. Volunteer for organizations, places of worship, and community centers. A community thrives with the work and talents of volunteer. Whether you volunteer for one event or for a formal position, be part of the good work and efforts to better the community.
5. Get 5 people to Like our Facebook Page and to Join Our Newsletter list. We selected the number "5" to help promote the good deeds, news, and inspirational messages sent out by the Good Deed Brigade. Re-post our Facebook entries. Get people to visit our site. Do what you can to help promote the Good Deed Brigade.
4. Adopt a pet or volunteer for a pet rescue organization. There are members of the family and community who are so loyal and friendly. Of course, these are our furry friends. Make the world a better place for pets and animals in need.
3. Give thanks and respect those serving in our military, police departments, and fire departments. Our safety and quality of life depend on the service of these hard working individuals. Do your part to thank, appreciate, and recognize them every chance you get.
2. Support schools, teachers, and education. There are many opportunities to support schools in the community by volunteering or just by attending events and fundraisers. Education is and will always be a key element
1. Be kind. Standing at number "1" is the good deed of kindness. Wake up each day and do your best to be kind and make it the spirit of your actions for the day.
The Good Deed Brigade wishes you a Happy and Healthy New Year. Remember, wherever you see the Good Deed Brigade, it's all good.