An act of kindness can be random, specifically planned, or something in between. When is a good time or day to perform an act of kindness? The answer is any time or any day including a birthday.
Hillary Sadlon and others have elected to perform acts of kindness in conjunction with the celebration of a birthday. On her 22nd birthday, Hillary, who was a senior at Seton Hall University in New Jersey, made a poster sized list of 22 good deeds that she performed on her birthday. Some of the acts of kindness were quite simple like helping someone load a car and some were more involved like donating blood. You can read more about this kind person at She's Feeling 22 - Senior Gives Back on her Birthday.
Giving Back on the occasion of a birthday is a great way to promote the mission and spirit of the Good Deed Brigade. This is an especially valuable lesson for children.
Here are some good deeds that you and others can perform in celebration of a birthday or on any day to help Make a Difference:
1. Donate clothing and other items to Goodwill.
2. Pay for another person's coffee or a meal.
3. Feed the parking meter of another person.
4. Donate food items to a food pantry.
5. Send a card to a friend or family member.
6. Send photos to a friend from an event.
7. Be courteous on the road and in parking lots.
8. Compliment another person.
Here are more acts of kindness that can be performed: 101 Random Acts of Kindness.
Being part of the Good Deed Brigade can be as simple as a random act of kindness or as involved as a lifetime of giving and charity. You can be a force for good as part of the Good Deed Brigade.
Take the initiative and Make a Difference.