"The Challenges of Keeping an EMS Alive and Well: Perspective from a 20+ year EMS Veteran"
September 17, 2:00 - 3:00 pm
Speaker: David Gunnarson, Lockheed Martin
Plan to attend this important webinar on how to successfully manage and implement your environmental management system despite ever changing compliance requirements, new "flavor of the month" initiatives, and management and staff turnover.
July VEEP Workshop Follow-Up
Thanks to all who were able to participate in the July 17th VEEP workshop in Richmond. The presentations are posted on the program website under "Featured Topics." A special thanks to all who completed the post-workshop evaluation and to those who signed up as future speakers, mentors and work group members.
Reminder: P2 Week is September 15 - 21!
Pollution Prevention Week is an annual event designed to draw attention to the various P2 programs and successes across the nation. This year, there are a number of events taking place across the country, and companies and organizations are encouraged to use P2 Week as an opportunity to remind employees about their own P2 programs and goals.
As part of P2 Week, the National Pollution Prevention Roundtable will host a "P2 Pioneers" webinar on September 19 at 1 pm. The webinar is designed to look back at the P2 movement and its evolution. It will address the evolution of the P2 assessment and skill sets needed, the emergence of voluntary programs, utilizing a management systems approach, improved partnership development, and the stabilization and expansion of performance metrics.
New Members and Changes in VEEP Program Level
- Augusta County Vehicle Services Centers (E3 Renewal)
- City of Newport News Adult Corrections Maintenance Facility (E3 Renewal)
- City of Newport News Waterworks
- Harwoods Mills Water Treatment Plant (E4 Renewal)
- Lee Hall Water Treatment Plant (E4 Renewal)
- Maintenance and Operations Center (E4 Renewal)
- Hazen and Sawyer, Richmond (E2)
- Joint Base Ft Myer - Henderson Hall, Arlington (E3 Renewal)
- Luck Stone Companies:
- Burkeville Plant (E3)
- Caroline Plant (E3)
- Rockville Plant (E3)
- Rivanna Water & Sewer Authority - Observatory Water Plant (E3 Renewal)
- Roanoke Cement Company (E3)
- Virginia Department of Corrections:
- Buckingham Correctional Center (E2 Renewal)
- Dillwyn Correctional Center (E2 Renewal)
- Halifax Correctional Unit (E2 Renewal)
- Nottoway Correctional Center (E2 Renewal)