|It's VEEP Annual Reporting Time
Reports Due April 1
To remain in good standing and maintain eligibility for annual permit fee discounts and other program benefits, all VEEP facilities must submit an annual report on their 2012 activities by April 1. As in previous years, reports will be submitted via VEEPOnline (www.veeponline.org). Contact Keith Boisvert with any questions.
Virginia #1 State for New LEED Certifications in 2012
Earlier this week, the US Green Building Council released its list of the top 10 states for new LEED certifications
for last year, and Virginia was ranked as the number one state on a per capita basis. LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) is a voluntary, consensus-based, market-driven program that provides third-party verification of green buildings. Cooper Vineyards of Louisa (shown above left), a Virginia Green winery, was singled out as the first winery on the East Coast to achieve LEED Platinum.
New Members and Changes in VEEP Program Level for 2012
- Albemarle County Service Authority (E3)
- BAE Systems Norfolk Ship Repair (E3)
- BASF Corporation, Suffolk (E4)
- Boehringer Ingelheim Chemicals, Petersburg (E2)
- Coca Cola Bottling, Roanoke (E4)
- Hawkeye Manufacturing, Richmond (E3)
- Henrico County Public Schools - Construction & Maintenance Dept (E3)
- Huntington Ingalls (Newport News Shipbuilding) (E3)
- Izaak Walton League of America - Arlington/Fairfax Chapter (E3)
- Luck Stone Corporation - Charlottesville (E3)
- Luck Stone Corporation - Greene (E3)
- Luck Stone Corporation - LSOS Rental Group, Manakin-Sabot (E2)
- Luck Stone Corporation - Caroline, Milford (E2)
- Luck Stone Corporation - Berkley, Norfolk (E2)
- Luck Stone Corporation - Toano (E2)
- Prince William County Police Department - Public Safety Training Center (E2)
- Tetra Pak Tubex, Louisa (E3)
- Vision Technology Group, Harrisonburg (E2)
VEEP Sustainability Partners for 2012 (Charter Members)
- Charles Luck Stone Centers
- University of Virginia
- Virginia Department of Corrections
An Energy Literate Citizenry from K-to-Gray
Wednesday, February 6, 4-5 pm
The US Department of Energy webinar will discuss its Energy Literacy Framework, which provides a framework of seven essential principles every citizen should know to be energy literate. Register to sign up.
Getting BIG Office Buildings to Recycle!
Thursday, February 7, 1-2:30 pm
This EPA webinar will feature recycling professionals who have successfully worked with property managers and others to set up and run programs to recycle paper, corrugated cardboard and containers in large office buildings, government and commercial. The webinar will cover:
- Assembling the right team
- Strategies for successfully working with the building's owners, employees and custodial staff to start a recycling program
- Ensuring the staying power of your recycling program.