We take appointments
Sunday - Thursday
7 AM to 6 PM
Closed on Saturday
Biblical Oils of the Bible CLASS
Learn About God's Anointing Oils
Healing oils were an important part of the lives of Biblical peoples from Genesis to Revelation. They also bring compelling results today!
In Dr David Stewart's book he reveals the knowledge practiced by Jesus and his disciples when they anointed people with therapeutically active oils and healed them. Dr. David Stewart shares this powerful information, lost for centuries, and how modern science uses these same oils to successfully treat a host of diseases today.
Based upon both scripture and science, this engaging book cites more than 500 Biblical references to 33 species of essential oils, presents their uses, and explains how they work to correct the roots of disease, supported by prayer and human touch.
Fully indexed, this intriguing book has received strong endorsement by both the Christian and medical communities.
Come and learn about 12 specific oils used for healing. Taste, smell and apply these amazing oils!
We will anoint with oils. Bring your bible!
Time: NOV 12,2013
6 PM - 8 PM. Please call to register 403-254-5991.
| Farmer's Market |
Support Local Produce & Businesses
So excited that a new market is opening up! Click the image for website and location.
Calgary Farmer's Market
Blush Lane- Pears and Apples. Organic Rutabagas, which are a great alternative to potatoes. They have the most amazing organic local ice cream too!!
Innisfail Growers- They have fermented pickles this year!! Run and get all you can. So delicious.
Gull Valley- Tomatoes, Peppers, Cucumbers
I also like The Cucumber Man and Sylvan Star Cheese.
I forget the name but there is an amazing organic chocolate store right across from Blush Lane Organics.
Kingsland Farmer's Market-
Broxburn Vegetables- Everything is good. Squash, tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers-great for fermenting.
Lund's Organics- Carrots, beets, cabbage,spinach, broccoli (the best!) lettuces, parsley and snap peas.
Prairie Farms- They don't have organic, but they carry local AB and BC pesticide free produce. Be sure to look. I love their celery, spinach, zucchini and BC lettuces.
Be sure to check out Angela's Olives, Hoven Beef and Sylvan Star Cheese too- they have great eggs and butter. For those who do not have access to raw milk, I recommend Vital Greens as your next best option.
|Totally into fermenting and this recipe comes from one of my favorite books! |
Sandor Ellix Katz, easy sauerkraut recipe from his book Wild Fermentation: The Flavor, Nutrition, and Craft of Live-Culture Foods (Chelsea Green, 2003).
Timeframe: 1-4 weeks (or more)
- Ceramic crock or food-grade plastic bucket, one-gallon capacity or greater
- Plate that fits inside crock or bucket
- One-gallon jug filled with water (or a scrubbed and boiled rock)
- Cloth cover (like a pillowcase or towel)
Ingredients (for 1 gallon):
- 5 pounds cabbage
- 3 tablespoons sea salt
- Chop or grate cabbage, finely or coarsely, with or without hearts, however you like it. I love to mix green and red cabbage to end up with bright pink kraut. Place cabbage in a large bowl as you chop it.
- Sprinkle salt on the cabbage as you go. The salt pulls water out of the cabbage (through osmosis), and this creates the brine in which the cabbage can ferment and sour without rotting. The salt also has the effect of keeping the cabbage crunchy, by inhibiting organisms and enzymes that soften it. 3 tablespoons of salt is a rough guideline for 5 pounds of cabbage. I never measure the salt; I just shake some on after I chop up each cabbage. I use more salt in summer, less in winter.
- Add other vegetables. Grate carrots for a coleslaw-like kraut. Other vegetables I've added include onions, garlic, seaweed, greens, Brussels sprouts, small whole heads of cabbage, turnips, beets, and burdock roots. You can also add fruits (apples, whole or sliced, are classic), and herbs and spices (caraway seeds, dill seeds, celery seeds, and juniper berries are classic, but anything you like will work). Experiment.
- Mix ingredients together and pack into crock. Pack just a bit into the crock at a time and tamp it down hard using your fists or any (other) sturdy kitchen implement. The tamping packs the kraut tight in the crock and helps force water out of the cabbage.
- 5. Cover kraut with a plate or some other lid that fits snugly inside the crock. Place a clean weight (a glass jug filled with water) on the cover. This weight is to force water out of the cabbage and then keep the cabbage submerged under the brine. Cover the whole thing with a cloth to keep dust and flies out.
- Press down on the weight to add pressure to the cabbage and help force water out of it. Continue doing this periodically (as often as you think of it, every few hours), until the brine rises above the cover. This can take up to about 24 hours, as the salt draws water out of the cabbage slowly. Some cabbage, particularly if it is old, simply contains less water. If the brine does not rise above the plate level by the next day, add enough salt water to bring the brine level above the plate. Add about a teaspoon of salt to a cup of water and stir until it's completely dissolved.
- Leave the crock to ferment. I generally store the crock in an unobtrusive corner of the kitchen where I won't forget about it, but where it won't be in anybody's way. You could also store it in a cool basement if you want a slower fermentation that will preserve for longer.
- Check the kraut every day or two. The volume reduces as the fermentation proceeds. Sometimes mold appears on the surface. Many books refer to this mold as "scum," but I prefer to think of it as a bloom. Skim what you can off of the surface; it will break up and you will probably not be able to remove all of it. Don't worry about this. It's just a surface phenomenon, a result of contact with the air. The kraut itself is under the anaerobic protection of the brine. Rinse off the plate and the weight. Taste the kraut. Generally it starts to be tangy after a few days, and the taste gets stronger as time passes. In the cool temperatures of a cellar in winter, kraut can keep improving for months and months. In the summer or in a heated room, its life cycle is more rapid. Eventually it becomes soft and the flavor turns less pleasant.
- Enjoy. I generally scoop out a bowl- or jarful at a time and keep it in the fridge. I start when the kraut is young and enjoy its evolving flavor over the course of a few weeks. Try the sauerkraut juice that will be left in the bowl after the kraut is eaten. Sauerkraut juice is a rare delicacy and unparalleled digestive tonic. Each time you scoop some kraut out of the crock, you have to repack it carefully. Make sure the kraut is packed tight in the crock, the surface is level, and the cover and weight are clean. Sometimes brine evaporates, so if the kraut is not submerged below brine just add salted water as necessary. Some people preserve kraut by canning and heat-processing it. This can be done; but so much of the power of sauerkraut is its aliveness that I wonder: Why kill it?
- Develop a rhythm. I try to start a new batch before the previous batch runs out. I remove the remaining kraut from the crock, repack it with fresh salted cabbage, then pour the old kraut and its juices over the new kraut. This gives the new batch a boost with an active culture starter.
|Herbal Antiseptic Oils Beats Disinfectant for Inhibiting Superbug Infections|
like MRSA and other hospital-acquired infections rages on, researchers have determined that oils derived from plants outperform the antiseptic chlorhexidine and even ethanol in the inhibition of antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
The researchers - from Australia's Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital - tested a number of extracts derived from plants, including Tea Tree oil, Lemongrass oil, and Eucalyptus oil - against several of the most deadly antibiotic-resistant superbugs. These included Klebsiella pneumoniae, MRSA -
Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and ESBL-producing Escherichia coli. The testing was carried out in a laboratory.The researchers also tested the same bacteria strains against the two most popular antiseptic products used to disinfect hands, hospital equipment and bedsides - chlorhexidine and ethanol, commonly termed rubbing alcohol. The concentration of these were standard issue - 0.1% chlorhexidine and 70% ethanol. The researchers also tested olive oil - as olive oil is also used in some settings to repel bacteria.
Click the image to finish the aritcle.
I can't believe I am saying this but I am actually loving the Fall weather. It is so beautiful outside! I checked out some books on great hiking and walking in and outside of Calgary and looking forward to some nature trails with Abigail. If anyone has some good recommendations, please let me know. I am thinking about posting them on our meetup site for those who would love to join us for a weekly hike, the times would be between 1- 4pm and depending on weather the days could change. Our first hike will be Fishcreek and all hikes will be kid friendly. As much as I DON'T like the cold, I know it is important to spend some good quality time outside with your child.
Cold and flu season is just around the corner. Be sure to check out my Vapor Chest Rub recipe in this newsletter and for those battling sinus infections, coughs and congestion come in for a infrared hot house treatment, it will make you feel so good and clear out those sinuses and lungs.
Chef Abigail helping mom in the kitchen.
Does Dark Field Microscopy Work?
Got parasites, cholesterol, Candida or know there is something wrong? See parasites right before your eyes, toxins, candida and more through this interesting and informative technology. Live Blood Analysis is a great way to monitor your health or track your progress on healing with a major health issue or to get your family more aware and on track with better health. It's non-invasive, safe and effective with quick results and solutions for healing, preventative and monitoring results.
We offer group discounts of 2 or more people.
Call the office for prices and appointment times at 403-254-5991.
**SPECIAL**Refer a new client and receive 50% off your Follow Up Appointment, a $63 Savings!
Lose Weight- Effortlessly
Patti Macaulay Testimony
Dear Tonya and Cody,
I am writing to thank-you for being the pivotal point in my Journey of Health. At the end of May 2009 I was feeling old and tired. I was developing arthritis symptoms and had a mysterious pain in my side for about 4 years. I felt much older than my 46 years. I am 5 ft 1 in tall and weighed 148 lbs. I was too tired to prepare meals for my family and we ate out a lot. My health is very important to me and I did not know why I could not lose weight or feel good. I was dabbling in raw food but nothing was changing. It wasn't working. I "discovered" Tonya and Cody through an article in the Neighbors paper and checked them out and attended Tonya's classes. Then I learned Tonya was going on a Juice Fast and I jumped at the chance to join her. In the meantime I thought I would like to document my journey so I could look back and measure any improvements or progress. Tonya had recommended Cody's Live Blood Cell Analysis. I made an appointment not knowing what to expect. Cody looked at my blood and could see where my problems were.
He recommended a diet that wouldn't spike my blood sugar and would balance my hormones. The diet was easy to do and you could customize it to your liking. I followed Tonya's blog and wondered if I should start Juice Feasting along with her. Then I noticed my joints were not stiff anymore and my clothes were getting loose. I weighed myself and I was shocked! I had lost 20 lbs in one month. I realized I had energy and the pain in my side was almost gone. I was no longer on the couch at 6 PM. After 2 months I had lost 27 lbs and fit in a size 7. I never ever thought I was going to feel so good and lose all my extra weight again in my life. For me it is a miracle.
Thank-you so much Cody, I feel like you have given me my life back. I really owe you and I don't know how to thank you for your gift. I COULD NEVER HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU. Somehow seeing what's really going on inside me empowered and motivated me to take the action you recommended . The results have been astounding. People keep asking me how I did it and I send them to Cody at Journey of Health and let him work his magic. I can go back periodically and Cody will check my progress and that is really exciting.
Increases circulation - Expands capillaries - Helps cells regenerate
The HotHouse™ Health Builder produces it's effect through radiant far infrared rays of heat, also known as "FIR". Its unique arched design increases the thermal effect received by the body. You get total enjoyment, it is completely safe and very comfortable, plus the radiant heat enhances the body's natural functions.
FIR radiation penetrates into your body, everywhere you need it. It makes you feel absolutely terrific! Don't believe it until you try it for yourself. It enhances your blood circulation, increases your metabolism, and stimulates the health of your internal organs.
Why are we hearing so many wonderful and positive things from the many devoted users of the HotHouse™ Health Builder? Because it really works. It helps you maintain your health and thus, promotes a positive outcome in your health maintenance program.
Far Infrared has been beneficial to others with some of the following health challenges:
* Knee Injuries
* Chronic Pain
* Bed Sores
* Blood Pressure Problems
* Chest Colds
* Muscle Pain
* Fungal Infections
Clinical Studies on the Hothouse: REPORT
Watch the VIDEO
| RAINDROP TECHNIQUE|
Now Offered at Journey of Health
"RAINDROP technique is a powerful, non-invasive tool for assisting the body in correcting defects in the curvature of the spine. During the years that it has been practiced, it has resolved numerous cases of scoliosis and kyphosis and eliminated the need for back surgery for thousands of people. Raindrop Technique originated in the 1980s from the research of Dr. Gary Young working with a Lakota medicine man named Wallace Black Elk. It integrates Vitaflex and massage, utilizing the power of essential oils in bringing the body into structural and electrical alignment." (from the Essential Oils Desk Reference)
Raindrop Technique uses a sequence of essential oils that are immune enhancing, support the body's natural defenses, as well as the circulatory, respiratory, endocrine, digestive, nervous, and other body systems. These oils, which are high in antioxidants, are also mood elevating and antiseptic, creating an unfavorable environment for harmful viruses and baceria that can hibernate in the body. Essential oils are known to boost stamina and energy, help you relax, help manage stress and frustration and promote overall health, vitality, and longevity. The principal single oils used include:
- Thyme (Thymus vulgaris)
- Oregano (Origanum compactum)
- Wintergreen (Gaultheria procumbens)
- Cypress (Cupressus sempervirens)
- Peppermint (Mentha piperita)
- Basil (Ocimum basilicum)
- Marjoram (Origanum majorana)
The oils are dispensed in little drops from a height of about six inches above the back, which is where Raindrop Technique gets its name. They are then massaged along the spine and back muscles. They are also applied to the feet.
The whole process takes about an hour and may continue to work in the body for up to one week following a Raindrop Session, with possible realignment and bodily adjustment taking place during this time.
"Raindrop Technique is not a cure-all or a magic bullet. A healthy balanced body is the result of a well-rounded program of exercise and proper diet. Health is everything we do, say, hear, see, and eat. The Raindrop Technique is only one tool to help restore balance in the body that will result in good health."
I am so excited to say that I am finally certified as a Raindrop Facilitator and I am offering 50% off to complete my practicum. Discount price is $50 and sessions last an hour. Please call Tonya to book an appointment. 403-254-5991 I have a few spots left and you can rebook.
Homemade Chest Vapor Rub
Simple, Easy and Effective
Combine in a glass jar:
1 generous spoonful of organic coconut oil
3 drops Young Living Peppermint Oil
3 drops Young Lemon Oil
6 drops Young Living Eucalyptus Radiata
Mix oils and coconut oil well. Apply to chest, neck and back as needed. Works to clear out congestion, coughs and aches.
This is my own special infant blend and I have had so many moms knock on my door wanting to buy more of this special blend. It will knock out coughs and congestion on your infants and big "babies" too.
For infants- this works amazing!!
All Young Living Oils: 6 drops each
RC, Thieves, ImmuPower, Ravensara, Purification. Blend oils. Rub a few drops on feet. Diffuse 6 drops in diffuser close to baby while sleeping. Can add 1-2 drops RC directly to chest and back and dilute with coconut oil.
*Got hemorrhoids? Next month I will reveal my blend that will get rid of hemorrhoids, permanently.
Did you know we are still hosting our raw food potlucks? We host them the 3rd Sunday of each month and now hosting them in our home in Shawnessy. You can get details and the address on our meetup
website. Also, I am still taking appoitnments for raindrop to complete my practicum. I am taking morning and evening appointments and some Sundays. We look forward to seeing you all soon!
CODY, TONYA & ABIGAIL DAHL
Journey of Health