1. Annual Meeting Handbook: Action Required
Attention all CMS Delegates, Alternate Delegates and Members!
Help shape the future direction of the Colorado Medical Society! The handbook, containing reports resolutions and official business for the 2012 Annual Meeting, has been posted on a special members-only web page. Now it's up to you to join the conversation and influence CMS policy that will be decided at the 2012 Annual Meeting in September.
This year a virtual reference committee is being used to solicit even broader physician feedback on the business before the CMS House of Delegates. The virtual reference committee will meet on August 27, so be sure to share your thoughts now.
How do I get started?
Simply click here and you will be directed to a special page on the CMS website that has links to all of the reports and resolutions that will be debated at this year's annual meeting. Each report and resolution has its own page where you can learn about the issue. Each page also has a "Share Your Feedback" section located in the upper right hand corner where you can send your thoughts and opinions to the Reference Committee.
All comments posted by August 23 will be considered at the Reference Committee meeting on August 27.
Click here to send us an email and help will be on the way.
2. Register for the CMS Annual Meeting - Everyone Welcome!
The Collaborative Imperative
September 6-9, 2012
Keystone Resort and Conference Center
Join your colleagues at the 142nd Annual Meeting, where there will be plenty to discuss and debate from a blend of policy, strategy, and CME-accredited programming.
Annual Meeting Hot Topics:
- Covering the uninsured/Affordable Care Act - Help decide CMS' course of action as the state nears a decision on the Medicaid expansion made optional by the Supreme Court's ruling on the Affordable Care Act. Resolutions directing CMS to support a single payer system and another to oppose any efforts to repeal the Affordable Care Act, or ObamaCare, will further spike the debate.
- Choosing Wisely Campaign - Discuss whether CMS will be the first state medical association in the country to endorse the Choosing Wisely campaign that addresses the overuse of tests and procedures.
- Payment reform - Delegates will be debating and voting on whether CMS and the Colorado Hospital Association should collaborate on payment reform, and if so, what the goal of such collaboration should be. The dominant health plans in Colorado through their medical directors will engage with delegates in a CME-accredited interactive plenary session on aligning payment and quality.
- No free lunch myth debunked - All attendees are invited to attend Friday and Saturday luncheons, compliments of the CMS Delegation to AMA and COMPAC respectively, to break bread with friends and hear the latest AMA and COMPAC news.
- Scope of practice - Principles on APN Scope of Practice developed over the last 12 months will be debated and voted upon.
- Saturday night gala - Join your colleagues for an evening of fun, friends and fantastic food - and, of course, entertainment, music and dancing.
MEETING & REGISTRATION PACKET