The 27.4% pay cut in Medicare payments physicians would have been subjected to starting on March 1st has been delayed 10 months. President Obama has vowed to sign legislation passed by congress today that will delay the cuts to the end of the year.
While the House and Senate deliberated about the SGR as part of a deal to extend payroll tax cuts and added unemployment benefits this week, a delegation of CMS physicians met with every member of Colorado's congressional delegation in Washington DC to lobby for a fix to the SGR. Full Story and Photos.
2. HIPAA Privacy and Security--What Physician Practices Must Do for Meaningful Use
The drive for meaningful use of electronic health records can mean big things for your practice, including privacy and security issues surrounding HIPAA. Plan on attending an interactive seminar in Grand Junction, Longmont, Denver or Colorado Springs with David Ginsberg, a leading authority in HIPAA privacy and security compliance and meaningful use, to learn more about:
- General requirements of HIPAA privacy and security;
- Changes mandated by the HITECH rule;
- Specific requirements of the ONC Stage 1 Meaningful Use 15th Core Objective related to privacy and security;
- How to conduct a risk analysis per the Meaningful Use Core Objective measure; and
- Commonly found deficiencies in medical practices and best practices for remediation
CME available! Register today! Program information.