3-Languages: How to speak the right language on every
sales call and appeal to everyone's interest.
The First Level of Language - Spanish:
Includes the people you call on day-to-day. They want to know more about what you do. Typically, first-line managers will be using your product or service, or they will be in charge of its use. They want to talk about:
- Features and benefits
- Size, shape, color and weight
- How you compare to the competition
- Service and support
- Ease of use
The Second Level of Language - Russian:
This level is where conversations always revolve around money. That's all this level cares about. Features and benefits? That 44-slide PowerPoint presentation? The brochure, the demo, free sample, free trial? Not at this level. At this level it is all about making money.
The Third Level of Language - Greek:
Third level people are at the top of the organizational chart. These senior managers ensure the business's stability and growth. They care about market size and market share, that is it. If they are in a growing market and continue to increase market share, they will be seen as visionaries.
Speak the right language to the right person. When meeting with multiple people, always speak the most important person's language, they are the most important person for a reason.
How do you acquire the ability to speak with Russians and Greeks?
1. Hang out with Russians - just listen, don't try to be part of the conversation.
2. Call only Russians during PowerHour.
3. Read what Russians read - The Wall Street Journal and The Economist.
4. Informational Interviews - Ask some Russians you know - current customers - Ask them Russian and Greek questions and just listen.
5. Invite Russians to meet other Russians - Hold a luncheon or go to a conference where Russians will be in attendance.
6. Leverage a partner's Russians - Go on joint sales calls with your partners.
FYI, Spaninsh, Russian and Greek are METAPHORS! Pls do not take it to heart! thx - skip