| Presidents Corner |
The past several months have welcomed significant changes to the Dunham-Bush company, products, and reps. I am pleased to have been granted this opportunity to re-structure, re-define, and build upon what is already existing.
I have a very strong team currently working with me, and we aim to continue to impress our competition with the Dunham-Bush product. We are ambitious, confident, and secure that 2012 will prove successful. Our office and warehouse complex is located in Hialeah, Florida serving all sales and service activities for the Western Hemisphere.
We are excited to have you, our reps on our team, and we feel with such a stable structure in place our fortune is limitless.
Thank you for being apart of our dynamic team, we sincerely appreciate the efforts, and support.
|Keep your eyes peeled for:
- Product Specification Hooks- to ensure the competition stays just that!
- Case Studies- write ups on our impressive projects from around the globe
- Projects Won- Projects DB team members have been awarded
- Current Events- Trends happening in the market place near & far
|Case Studies |
Please take a few minutes to read through our latest case study.
Soho Beach House
Discharge superheat for Rotary Screw Compressors
Discharge superheat in rotary screw compressors:
Typically on a Dunham-Bush screw chiller utilizing a flooded evaporator we try to maintain a minimum of 25°F of discharge superheat (DSH). By maintaining the proper DSH we can ensure the oil is being seperated from the refrigerant and keeping the adequate oil level in the compressor sump. When the DSH lowers to unsafe operating parameters, the oil will leave the compressor and eventually get logged in the evaporator. Once this occurs it will cause erratic behavior of the system and eventually cause unwanted alarms. Below are a couple of points that can be added to the logic of our microprocessor that will help maintain the proper DSH and smooth operation of your equipment:
- Condenser fan cycling
- Cooling tower fan control
- Condenser water pump control
- Condenser by-pass valve
- Low DSH control, this feature will detect low DSH and unload the compressors until the DSH reaches an acceptable level