Comments | Questions||
OverviewSince the introduction of Fannie Mae's Loan Quality Initiative on February 26, 2010 (LQI), several important updates and announcements have been issued.
On June 28, 2010, Fannie updated its matrix, entitled Loan Quality Initiative (LQI) Summary and Additional Information (Summary), which summarizes enhancements, and provides key calendar date, tools, and resources.
The Loan Quality Initiative has focused on several areas, including:
- policies that confirm the identity and occupancy of the borrower, validation of qualified parties to the transaction, and policies that address the borrower's credit profile;
- updated quality control requirements for lenders and an improved feedback loop;
- the delivery of additional information about the property and the appraisal;
- loan delivery enhancements, including,
- validation of loan eligibility at delivery,
- a new capability that enables lender validation of data before, during and immediately after loan delivery, and,
- collection of additional loan data at delivery and transition to an XML format;
Inasmuch as revisions and implementation dates related to the above-mentioned areas are also incorporated by reference into Fannie's Selling Guide, the Summary is an important information resource and guide.
- reporting and validation of mortgage insurance coverage data.
At this time, the Summary contains columns for:
- Change or Enhancement: policy or procedure subject to revision
- Communications: references and citations
- Key Dates: effective dates for compliance implementation
The Summary also contains a conversion matrix for the Calendar of Key Dates, chronologically outlined, with correlating Loan Delivery descriptions, and areas affected (i.e., Communications, DU, and Other).
- Tools and Resources: information and outreach facilities
Monitoring Fannie's LQI is central to mortgage compliance implementation and should be regularly reviewed by all compliance personnel.
If you have any questions about this matter or would like assistance with mortgage compliance, please contact Jonathan Foxx, Managing Director or call 516-442-3456 x 100.
Visit Library for Issuance|
Loan Quality Initiative (LQI) Summary and Additional Information, Revised 6/28/10, Fannie Mae
Suite of Services and Specializations
Mortgage Compliance Compliance
Defaults and Claims Reviews Forensic Mortgage Audit®
Mortgage Defaults Task Force Mortgage Quality Control
FHA Examinations State
and Federal Examinations
Due Diligence FNMA|FHLMC|GNMA Applications
Legal Reviews & Remedies Loss Mitigation
Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance HMDA & CRA Processing
Fraud Audit Disaster Recovery Plans
Matrix® Statutory Licensing
Business Development Information Security Plans
& IS Compliance RESPA-AfBAs
Lenders Compliance Group is the first full-service, mortgage risk
management firm in the country, specializing exclusively in mortgage
compliance and offering a full suite of hands-on and automated services in residential mortgage banking.
We are pioneers in outsourcing solutions for mortgage compliance.
communication is sent to our valued clients and colleagues, who
regularly receive our Advisory Bulletins, Mortgage Compliance Updates, Compliance Alerts, and News and Views.
publications are free to subscribers. Information contained herein is
not intended to be and is not a source of legal advice.
Lenders Compliance Group, Inc. All Rights Reserved.