Thursday, March 31, 2011
8 a.m. to 12 noon
(breakfast and registration from 7:30 to 8 a.m.)
Sally Cheever Girl Scout Leadership Center
811 N Coker Loop, San Antonio, 78216
Thirty-one percent of girls say they have starved themselves or refused to eat in an effort to lose weight.
Girl Scouts of Southwest Texas, in partnership with KLRN The Learning Place, San Antonio Woman magazine, San Antonio Alliance for Teachers and Support Personnel, and Texas Public Radio, invite you to a ground-breaking event to discuss solutions to this and other startling issues facing our girls.
A diverse group of experts in their respective fields will explore the issues and solutions to help girls critically examine mixed messages often found in media.
Register for this free event by clicking here.
- April Ancira, Vice President, Ancira I-10 Auto Complex
- Lisa Dollinger, Chief Communications Officer, Clear Channel Communications
- Veronica Esparza, President & CEO, Absolutely Delicious Catering
- Fernando A. Guerra, M.D., M.P.H., Public Health Consultant
- Marie Ferdinand-Harris, WNBA All-star, Phoenix Mercury
- Susan Mengden, Ph.D., Director, Eating Disorder Center
at San Antonio
- The Honorable Laura Parker, Judge, 386th District Court
- Rita Verreos, Survivor: Fiji contestant, TV spokesperson
- Claudia Zapata, Registered Dietitian and Columnist,
San Antonio Express-News
- with Special Guest Nelson W. Wolff, Bexar County Judge
Questions? Contact Brad Mayhar
(210-349-2404 ext. 257).
Our thanks to Clear Channel Foundation for generously supporting this event.