Sunday, October 14, 2012
Connectional Lay Ministry Day!
A message from your General Secretary, Dr. Clifford Harris
As we observe Connectional Lay Ministry Day at our local churches, as well as District and Regional services on October 14, 2012, I pray that all services will be marked by success with praises unto God and appreciation for our loyal laity.
Things to Remember
1. The Fifth District Graham-Webb $700 scholarship recipient is Christopher Collins, a member of Mt. Olive CME Church in Orlando. Mrs. Gloria Williams is the Lay Leader there. Rev. Jermaine Marshall is the pastor. Congratulations!
2. Consider taking an offering for the Graham-Webb scholarship fund. Make checks payable to: Department of Finance and write Graham-Webb Scholarship on the memo line. Forward to:
Clifford L. Harris, General Secretary
Department of Lay Ministry-CME Church
15485 Prairie Bell Rd.
Okmulgee, OK 74447-8690
- Lay Council Charter
- Lay Ministry Overview and History
- The Chartering Ceremony
- Ceremony for Installation of Lay Ministry Officers
- Lay Ministry Council Membership Card Template (print cards on perforated business card stationary-10 to a page)
- Connectional Lay Day Service Litany
5. The Quadrennial Lay Ministry Institute in 2013 will be held on the front end (Sun-Tues, September 22-24) of the next CME Unity Summit in Houston, TX, (Tues-Sat, September 24-28).
I am passionately requesting that every lay person who registered tor the 2012 Unity Summit also register for the 2013 Unity Summit; in addition to our own registration, I am requesting that each of us take the challenge of being responsible for getting ONE (1) to TWO (2) laypersons who did not register for the 2012 Unity Summit to register for and be in attendance at the 2013 Quadrennial Lay Ministry Institute and CME Unity Summit.
Serving God's People With A Glad and Thankful Heart,
Dr. Clifford L. Harris
Dr. Clifford L. Harris, General Secretary
Bishop Teresa E. Snorton, Chair
Department of Lay Ministry
The Birmingham Region Lay Ministry presents a day of training, Saturday, October 20, 2012 at Hills Chapel CME Church, Leeds, AL. Presenters are Mr. William Breeding and Mrs. Barbara Campbell, Connectional Lay President.
Ms. Helen Crenshaw is the Regional Lay Leader.
Click here to get information and register!
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
13 (Sat.) North Central AL Region Fall Christian Education Workshop, Tuscaloosa District
20 (Sat.) Southeast AL Region Christian Education Workshop, Hall Memorial, Montgomery-10 am
20 Birmingham Region Lay Ministries Workshop
3 Birmingham Region Christian Education Leadership Training
29-30 (Th-Fr.) Fifth Episcopal District Missionary Institute, Rosen Centre, 9939 Universal Blvd, Orlando, FL
30 - Dec.1 Florida Region Fall Accounting Meeting,
Rosen Centre, 9939 Universal Blvd, Orlando
Room Rate- $99.00- reference Fall Accounting Meeting 407-996-2586
TBD Birmingham Region Stewardess Blanket Drive
1 Florida Region Christian Education Day of Service, Orlando
7 (Fri.) Alabama Regions Committee on Ministry & Ministers on Trial
7 - 8 Alabama Regions Fall Accounting Meeting,