Top News from 2011
1. Occupy Wall Street- A small protest of a couple hundred people against the excess of the corporate executive, and corporate business practices exploded. It began in September and continues even through the cold of winter into January 2012.
2. The Republican Presidential Race- The faces and voices of Herman Cain, Mitt Romney, and Michelle Bachman are daily occurrences on news broadcasts. A serious challenger for President Obama is still not clear. This could get interesting with Newt Gingrich getting in the mix. Stay Tuned!
3. The Economy- Can we all get back to work, and start building things back up? Everytime the media reports that we are out of the recession another news story breaks that will negatively affect the recovery. Hard work and smart people will be our only solution. Vote wisely!
4. The U.S. military pulls out of Iraq- 8 years of action in Iraq leaves a mess behind for private contractors to clean up, and a weak Democracy starting out at ground zero.
5. Giffords Assassination Attempt- Amazing that she survived and still made it to the House vote on the debt ceiling. That's dedication we can all appreciate.
6. Penn State Scandal- I'm not even going to go into any detail on this, like the media outlets should have done when this story came out.
7. The Debt Ceiling Raised- At some point our government needs to get it's books right. Is this really the only answer?
8. R.I.P Steve Jobs- The eccentric Jobs passed away from Cancer, the world has lost a "visionary" says President Obama. I wonder how many people worldwide read the news on their Ipad, or Iphone?
9. Strange Weather- The golf courses in Michigan were packed on January 11th when it was 50 degrees and sunny. Tornados, earthquakes, wild fires, etc have certainly impacted a lot of people this year.
10. Troy Davis- He was executed on September 21st, and the media followed this one like a missing kid in a weather balloon. It seems to me that there was more to this story than actually came to light, but now we'll never know.