Looking for an opportunity to showcase or develop your leadership skills? Are you in tenth or eleventh grade this year? Are you building your resume for college? If you answered "yes," then consider applying to be a National Council Delegate representing Girl Scouts Heart of Central California. The National Council Session and Convention is held every three years and the next one will be in Houston, Texas from November 10 - 13, 2011. It's guaranteed to be a fun, inspiring experience with girls and adults from all over the country.
The council's delegation is comprised of a small group of girls, volunteers, board members and staff. If you like seeing grass-roots democracy in action then this might be for you! As a National Council Delegate you would gather input on national issues, participate at the national business sessions, and share insights after the National Convention. The council pays expenses for the elected National Council Delegates to attend. Check out the official job description: Form 999.
A volunteer committee will interview top applicants on November 16th.
Interested? To apply, e-mail a letter and resume by October 25, 2010 to email@example.com. In your letter, please address the following topics:
- Why are you interested, and why do you think you would be a good National Council delegate?
- Why is Girl Scouting meaningful for you?
- After reviewing the job description, what specific skills would you bring to the position?
- What is your experience in gathering input and evaluating a variety of viewpoints?
- What experience do you have in public speaking or communicating with groups?
Describe any experience you have had with parliamentary procedure.
Questions? Please e-mail any questions you have to firstname.lastname@example.org.