"Still Time for Dynamic Tricks in '06"
Your Success Thought for the Week of December 6, 2006

As those around you begin to close down for the year in attitude and effort, there is still time for you to rev up your gears. No time like the present to energize yourself in order to make things happen in your life. All you need is focus and discipline.

I have the delightful opportunity to attend networking events in several cities due to the wide ranging proximity of my clients, friends and family. I recently attended one such event that followed the 80/20 rule closely.

80% of the people I spoke with complained about being too busy during the holidays, their cold/flu bug or that the year went by so fast that they barely made a mark on their goals. It was easy to back out of these weighty conversations at my earliest opportunity.

Then there was that refreshing 20% who were eager to discuss all that they were involved and concluding in the coming few weeks. They were alive and vibrant. Their energy was magnetic compared to the stale energy of the previous 80%.

It was no surprise to stand at the perimeter of the room for the global view that mirrored my earlier observation. Glancing around the room I witnessed 20% of the eager participants actively engaged in lively conversations filled with laughter and intrigue, often with a line of individuals waiting to engage in conversation with them. Many of the remaining 80% either complained to each other in a dreary tone or stood alone.

This behavior was testimony not only to that event, but to the state of affairs of their life. People who are miserable want to pull others down with them. People who are ambitious and excited about their life naturally pull others up to their level.

This phenomenon is especially obvious during times of stress and during the holidays (which to many are one in the same.) If you’ve fallen into the broader 80 percentile, it’s not too late to change. You have a gift of nearly four more weeks in the year.

Focus on what you want to accomplish during this valuable period. One year ago today, when you considered your New Year, what did you set out to achieve? What was 2006 going to be all about for you? Better health, richer relationships, and higher professional triumphs? It’s not too late. Just shake off the disappointment and heaviness.

Decide what you can eliminate in the coming four weeks in order to make a bigger dent in your goals. Then, write it down. Put disciplines into place to accomplish some of these goals or to lay the groundwork for higher success in your coming year.

Sure, you may not have attained optimal health as you had planned, but you can certainly put practices into place to move you beyond where you are today and to set you up beautifully for the New Year.

Please don’t waste these vital weeks ahead languishing with the 80% out there. That is not my readership. You are an essential part of the 20% who get in there and make things happen. Become a role model to those around you.

Have an amazing week and enjoy your discoveries!


Ann Golden Eglé, MCC
Executive Coach & President
Golden Visions Success Coaching, LLC

What People Are Saying About Ann's 'Thoughts'

“I don't know how you do it, Ann. Practically every 'Success Thought' hits on some aspect in my life on which I'm currently working. It's uncanny - and spot on! Thanks for sharing what you are with us.”
~PM, Running Springs, CA

If you would like to subscribe to this newsletter, or, you would like to help us spread SUCCESS, click here GVSuccess or forward this newsletter to your friend or colleague in it's entirety.

Please join us in congratulating Ann for having recently been awarded the prestigious designation of Master Certified Coach. Ann is one of only seven Master Certified Coaches in Oregon, 372 in the United States, and 493 in the world to have qualified for this designation.

As always, it's great to be in touch with our subscribers in 'ten' countries!! Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Netherlands, New Zealand, Spain, United Kingdom, and USA. If you receive these 'Thoughts' and live in a country that I have not mentioned, please let me know so I can salute you.

Welcome All New Subscribers

Copyright & Permission Copyright © 1998-2006 All rights reserved

Permission is granted to either reproduce copy or distribute "Your Success Thought for the Week for December 6, 2006" as long as this copyright notice and full information about contacting the author is attached. The author is Ann Golden Eglé, Golden Visions Success Coaching, LLC, 541.385.8887, 21775 Rickard Rd., Bend, Oregon 97701, www.GoldenVisionsSuccess.com

Phone: 541.385.8887 or toll free 1.877.821.0234
Email Marketing by