PRESIDENT'S ANNUAL REPORT
IMCA 20 YEARS STRONG
In accordance with Article III, para 18 of the IMCA By-Laws, notice is hereby given that the 2012/13 Annual Meeting of the International Men's Club of America will be held at the Vineyards Country Club on November 12, 2012 directly following the Luncheon Speaker.
Dear Fellow IMCA Members
It gives me great pleasure to present to you here, on behalf of my fellow board members, the
Annual Report of the International Men' s Club of America.
The Board and I look forward to your questions when we meet in November.
In reflecting on our ongoing achievements, it is pleasing to note some substantial milestones that have been and continue to be met in all areas of our Club, especially those aimed at enhancing the membership experience of our members and at making IMCA the premier venue in southwest Florida.
1. Our Club has grown to 180 distinguished members, with over 55 percent being year round residents in SW Florida and 35 percent being foreign born, truly an international organization. To preserve the intimate and prestigious nature of our club we are considering capping our membership level at 200 and establishing a waiting list. We are also seeking greater diversity of our membership.
2. While the core of our club's activities is our luncheon program with ten luncheons annually featuring renowned speakers highlighting global topics, we have dramatically expanded our other programs to foster even more camaraderie.
3. To be true to our mission of Building Bridges of Friendship by promoting international understanding and by encouraging learning, camaraderie and mutual respect among our membership, we have instituted over 35 social, cultural, educational and nature programs and events in addition to our luncheons and annual dinner dance gala. We continue to encourage all our members to make full use of all our program offerings and participate in as many as possible.
4. Our continual efforts to improve communications among our members have focused on developing an effective website www.imcofa.com and an efficient email distribution system for our newsletters and flyers.
Through these media we are able to notify members of our various programs and events on a timely basis. The website also houses our central filing system for the club's vital records and the archive of our activities.
5. We are making it easier for our members to sign up and pay for these programs via our most secure and easy to use credit card processing system.
6. Our website is the best source of all IMCA information and we continue to encourage all of us to surf it and find the relevant information and to make suggestions for improvement. Since the "Members' Only" section provides personal and confidential data, we ask our members to use this personal information only for club-related or social activities.
7. Our financial position is strong and our financial accounts are being kept in accordance with the regulations covering non-profit organizations
8. Your all-volunteer Board meets 10 times a year to manage the club's business. We are a
member-managed organization as such we not only appreciate our members' willingness to serve in various positions but depend on this to ensure the seamless and smooth functioning of IMCA.
Be assured that our sole purpose is to enhance the Club experience for all. We DO want and appreciate your input in this regard.
In this our 20th Anniversary Year I am happy to report that the state or our club is excellent and look forward to an exciting and rewarding season. I hope to meet all of you at our various functions.
PLEASE DO NOT UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS NEWS FLYER AS THIS WILL REMOVE YOU FROM OUR MAILING LIST