Guavaween Entertainment Announced!
More Reasons to "Party in the Street" - Saturday, October 29th
(Tampa, Florida) The Ybor City Chamber is excited to announce the 2011 entertainment line-up for its 26th Edition of Guavaween. Headliners for 2011 are two-time Grammy-nominated Tonic and Platinum and Gold Album selling EVE6.
"Our team has put together a line-up that will appeal to both Guavaween initiates and old-hands - each stage will have its own character," says Angela Rodante, Chair of this year's Guavaween Committee. "We have created a blend of entertainment that features not only successful, national touring bands, but also regional musical talent that includes up-and-comer Scilter and Tampa icon Coo Coo Ca Choo." Musical entertainment will feature live entertainment on three stages from Republic de Cuba on the west to Centro Ybor in the heart of the District to Angel Oliva, Sr. on the east-end of famed La Setima (7th Avenue):
Main Stage hosted by Play 98.7
- Tonic - Founded in 1993, they have produced four albums. Known for their "driving beat and tenacious melodies" the band's "Lemon Parade" album went Platinum. They have a compilation out "A Casual Affair: the Best of Tonic" - www.tonic-online.com
- EVE6 - A Platinum and Gold selling group, EVE6 is working on their fourth album to be released in early 2012. Their "Inside Out" hit #1 on the U.S. Modern Rock Chart - www.eve6.com
Centro Ybor Stage hosted by Q105
- Coo Coo Ca Choo - A Tampa Bay favorite with unbelievable vocal harmonies that do justice to the likes of the Beatles. The group is lead by Rodney Justo, currently lead singer for the famed Atlanta Rhythm Section.- www.coocoocachooband.com
- A wonderful array of restaurant/bars, and a virtual "food court," surround the Centro Stage.
Halloween Express Stage
- Scilter - A young band from "the hills" north of Tampa, Zephyrhills that is. Founded in 2006, this is a band with a future. Word has it that they are releasing their second album on Guavaween (How cool is that?) Singles include: "Prison for You," "Out of Love" and "Overdrive." A very crisp, clean sound with hints of "Creed" in the vocal - they will be vintage in just a few years!- www.scilterrocks.com
- The Costume Contest will be featured at 10:00 PM with additional live music to follow.
All stages will have continuous music with station DJs, both before and after live sets. And of course, there will be a break at 8:00 PM for the return of the motorized-parade lead by Grand Marshall "Mama Guava." "Where else can you be part of the entertainment?" asks Chamber President Tom Keating. "Creative Loafing recently named Ybor City 'Best Place to People Watch' - what better time to do it than Guavaween." Join us in your National Historic Landmark District for the one day it's all play. Guavaween 2011 is presented by Savtira Corporation - We are Cloud Commerce.
For advance tickets and to preview the party - check-out our promo running on Bright House Network by going to www.ybor.org and clicking on "Guava Girl" in the video window.