Savtira Signs-on as "Presenting Sponsor" for Guavaween 2011
Guavaween Powered by Home-Grown Cloud-Commerce Company
(Tampa, Florida) The Ybor City Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce that one of its foremost members - Savtira Corporation will be the Presenting Sponsor of Ybor City's signature event - Guavaween. Timothy Roberts, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Savtira, a leading cloud commerce company stated, "We love Ybor City and want the community to know that Savtira is fully-committed to growing our future right here in Tampa."
"I'm grateful for Tim and his company joining us to enhance this creative tradition," said Tom Keating, President and CEO of the Ybor Chamber. "Savtira is well-positioned to catch the next wave of digital development and we are proud to have them in the Historic District."
Guavaween will be Saturday, October 29th from 3:00 PM to 3:00 AM. It is a right-of-passage for the young and an annual pilgrimage for the young at heart. "This year's theme is 'Be a Superhero'," said Guavaween Committee Chair, Angela Rodante. "We hope that everyone will come in costume, whether it's a decorated t-shirt with a beach-towel cape or an elaborate Hollywood style costume."
The Ybor City Chamber is investing in improving Guavaween, the most renown fall event in the Bay Area:
- The motorized-parade, Sponsored by Tampa Digital, is near capacity with some twenty units.
- The Costume Contest, Sponsored by Halloween Express, will have more awards than ever.
- Live entertainment will perform on three stages from one end of La Setima to the other:
- Q 105 West-end Stage
- Centro Ybor Food Court & Stage
- Play 98.7 East-end Stage
- Ybor will feature its own, gourmet street-food vendors as well as the most eclectic mix of restaurants, cafes, patio bars and clubs this side of the "Big Easy."
Be a part of the celebration - for advance discount tickets go to www.ybor.org and click-on Guavaween. To ask questions call our Visitor Information Center at 813.241.8838.