The Easter holiday is once again upon us. In this issue of our newsletter we give you an opportunity to practice your listening skills.
We hope you enjoy the Easter long weekend and all the festivities that this tradition brings.
Yvonne Havlicek, Director
The Easter Rabbit and his Eggs
The traditions that are related to Easter are said to survive in the Easter rabbit which symbolizes fertility. The colored eggs that are decorated by children and adults signify sunlight in spring and can be given as gifts.
Click on the YouTube video link for step by step instructions on how to decorate Easter eggs.
|How To Decorate Easter Eggs |
Easter is observed in churches on 1st Sunday which follows the full moon occurring on or after
the spring equinox.
Grammar Lesson: Modal Verbs
A modal verb helps modify another verb so that the modified verb expresses more intention when expressed. Modal verbs are very common in languages that are of Germanic origin, which includes English. Modal verbs usually express necessity or a possibility. For example, verbs like "might" or "may" can be used to describe an action that is going to take place but has not happened.
Complete the following with an appropriate modal verb:
1. She ran 15 rounds of the ground; she_______ be tired.
2. Jim's car is very powerful! It _______ have cost a fortune.
3. ______ I use your pen for a minute.
4. I brought the ball inside, it _______ be in the bedroom.
5. You will_______ study hard to get good grades.
6. _______ we go to her house? She is not feeling well.
7. You _______ play this game otherwise we will lose.
8. I_________ take a leave on Monday, I have to go somewhere.
9. He_______ have told you about the game.
10. Peter _______ propose to Jenny at the party.
* answers can be found at the end of the newsletter