Pearls of Wisdom
5 Quick Tips on Recruiting Girls and Adults!
- Host Service Unit events for recruiting - like Bring-A -Friend-Night, pool parties, Mom & Me or Father/Daughter Events!
- Use girl talks at schools to speak to girls and schedule parent meetings.
- Have each leader print up the days, time, and places of their meetings to hand out to parents during a recruitment night - also include the Leader and Co-leaders names, phone numbers, and email addresses.
- Go to the local college to talk about volunteer opportunities!
- At any recruitment event it's best to have ALL Leaders there!! Each leader should have their own table to talk to the "NEW" girls and parents. New leadership can also take this time to talk to the previous age level leader.
*From Tammy Hutchison, Girl Scout Volunteer, Arkansas City
In 1914, Juliette Gordon Low sold her pearls to fund the cost of expanding the Girl Scout movement across the United States. It is a symbol of personal sacrifice and sharing. Do you have your own pearls of wisdom to share? Send them to Holly Slawkowski.
What did you do today?
Check out summer opportunities
South Central Leadership Conference
Save the Date!
Volunteers, be ready for an amazing adult Leadership Conference on August 11 at Starwoods Outdoor Center -all Girl Scout Volunteers are invited to attend! Kick off the Girl Scout season with a full-day of practical and engaging workshops designed just for Girl Scout volunteers. We'll cover financial literacy, Girl Scout songs, planning a trip, using the craftbarn, Girl Scout traditions, Journeys and the Girl's Guides, navigating the website and online registration, and so much more!
More Leadership Conferences are scheduled across the council in 2012-13!
Summer Volunteer Opportunities
Summer STEM academy at Butler Community College! GSKH is offering a FREE summer day camp on July 9-10 where girls can explore a future in Science, Technology, Mathematics, and Engineering. Contact Stacy Ward Lattin if you're interested in serving as chaperone!
Three Part Campout! Troops of Junior Girl Scouts, and their leaders, are heading to campout in Arkansas on August 8-11. We are in need of one volunteer with Outdoor Leadership experience to accompany GSKH staff and the troops, to help on-site. Transportation from Wichita Contact Bill Gonio at 620-545-8310 or firstname.lastname@example.org.