Early Bird Registration
Register by June 30 for special incentives!
Troop leaders and individual girl members will soon be receiving Early Bird registration information. In order to get a head start on the over 15,000 registrations that come in each year, we offer special incentives for those who register by June 30. Use the Early Bird incentives to invite new girls in your area to become Girl Scouts!
ALL GIRLS who register for the 2013 Girl Scout year by June 30, 2012 will receive a special Early Bird patch. Adults can also receive the Early Bird patch upon request.
NEW THIS YEAR - ALL GIRLS who register for the 2013 Girl Scout year by June 30, 2012 will also receive $5 in cookie credits! These will be posted to Family Accounts in Ultracamp after the Early Bird Deadline.
We are also excited to announce the availability of ONLINE MEMBERSHIP REGISTRATION. Membership registration can be completed online and paid for by credit card. To use the new system for the first time, anyone who has ever been a registered Girl Scout through GSKH, or the parent of a registered Girl Scout, must ACTIVATE their account through the online system here.
Focus On: Lead Advisors
Positions available across the council
The NEW Girl Scout Service Delivery Model specifies functions for staff and volunteers, at the community, service unit, and area levels, so that girls are best served across the council and volunteer needs are met. Each month in your Connect eNews there will be a highlight of a volunteer position.
There are openings across the council for Lead Advisors to plan and implement Events, Camps, Series, and Travel programs for girls. Lead Advisors will work with a committee in their Area or Service Unit to develop one or more of the pathway opportunities (events, camps, series, or travel) which deliver the Girl Scout Leadership Experience. The position description specifies that this will be a 1-2 year term, averaging 8 to 12 hours per month. Do you love to plan exciting programs? Are you able to balance the organization of an event AND the fun interaction with girls? If this sounds like the position for you, contact your MVP Specialist!
Girl Scouts Go Greensburg
Updates to your event.
Exciting news! The registration for this epic event now tops more than 1,000, as Girl Scouts, their families, alumni, and community supporters come together to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of Girl Scouts, in Greensburg April 27-29! A confirmation letter has been sent to each registered participant and should be arriving in homes shortly. The letter covers many topics and resources including an event map, parking directions, check-in times, events-at-a-glance tip sheet, and important safety information.You can find more details here.
Don't forget to stop by our shop-on-the-go at Greensburg to order your special DVD of the weekend's events!
Prepare your Girl Scouts for the next level.
A bridge crosses a gap and makes it possible to get from one side to another. So it is in Girl Scouting, where bridging recognizes girls for their achievements in one level, and transitions them into the next. Through bridging, girls who move from one membership grade level to another have something to help ease the jump. There are a number of differences between the six levels of Girl Scouting. Bridging is designed to emphasize the continuity in the Girl Scout program, to introduce girls within each grade level to what lies ahead, and to give older girls a sense of personal responsibility for younger girls. Bridging Ceremonies typically take place toward the end of the school year and are easily combined with a Court of Awards Ceremony. Check out your Girl's Guide to Girl Scouting for the bridging awards for each level! You can also search "Girl Scout Bridging" for some great online resources and ideas.
Where to find them & how to spend them!
- Cookie Credits are applied to FAMILY ACCOUNTS in Ultracamp. That means, if you are a Troop Leader, you cannot check Cookie Credits under the TROOP ACCOUNT, but you may obtain cookie credit balance information on behalf of the girls by calling the council office.
- If a parent needs to know how to access their FAMILY ACCOUNT,please direct them to this page for more details.
- Banked Cookie Credit information is available by calling the Wichita Girl Scout Office at 316-684-6531.
- A full breakdown of how cookies credits may be used or banked is available on our website here.
- The Cookie Credit Transfer form can be found here. This form allows parents to transfer cookie credits to any of the following: the TROOP ACCOUNT for a troop registration through Ultracamp; a council shop; a council or GSUSA-sponsored travel opportunity or an approved Troop Trip; or an out-of-council resident camp (where applicable).
- Contact information for Cookie Credits: Calla Wiemeyer at 316-684-6531, ext. 525 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mark your calendars: Cookie Credits expire November 15, 2012.
Coming Up for
Sat May 5
NSC First Aid & CPR
Sat May 19
Outdoor Leadership 101/201
Coming Up for
Fri May 4 - CSA
Fri May 4 - CSA
Fri May 11 - J
Fri May 11 - J
Estes park - Sixth Grade Trip
Estes Park, CO
Mon May 14 - SA
Sat May 19 - SA
OK Kids Day
Sat May 19 - CSA
Older Girl First Aid & CPR
Sun May 20 - C
Mon May 21 - CSA
50th Annual Friendship Exchange - Japan Trip 2012