Cookie Sale Wrap-up
Congratulations on a successful Girl Scout Cookie Sale!
Here are a few tips to help you wrap-up and prepare for your Troop audit with your Service Unit Cookie Manager.
1) Send a reminder to any parents that still owe cookie sale money.
2) Additional Cookie Shares: Please enter additional cookie shares sold by girls as Reorders in SNAP.
3) Cookie Transfers: Remember to make "troop to girl" transfers in SNAP for the extra cookies from your initial order and cookies you picked up at a cookie cupboard.
4) Cookie Sale Finances: Please enter the payments the girls are giving you into SNAP as "new girl transactions."
5) Booth Sales: Complete the Booth Sales Report Form and turn it in at your audit or mail/fax/email to the Girl Scout Office.
6) Set up a time to audit: all audits need to be completed by March 18 with your Service Unit Manager or by March 22 with the Council Office. Please read page 10 in the Cookie Sale Troop Manager Guide to review the audit instructions.
7) Recognition Orders: Troops must enter and commit a recognition order in SNAP between March 13 and 22.
Celebrate the Green Way
Girl Scouts Go Greensburg!
Girl Scouts from across Kansas are descending onto Greensburg, KS April 28-29 for a 100th anniversary celebration. Be a part of the celebration - including Girl Scout traditions, new initiatives and fun activities! The weekend will be packed full of fun games and entertainment, exhibits and booths, educational programs, camping, community service projects and much more! Troops and families can CAMP in Greensburg for the weekend.
In order to make sure that camping is available to those interested, but also safe and comfortable for everyone, we are seeking volunteers to serve as master campers for the weekend! If you are currently a GSKH Outdoor Leadership Trainer, or have experience with group camping, this is a great opportunity to use your valuable skills! Please contact Stacy Ward Lattin at (316) 684-6531, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check it Out
GSUSA introduces storytelling websites
The Studio offers an opportunity for girls to go behind-the-scenes with favorite authors and illustrators. The community provides tips on how they got started in storytelling, career opportunities and other inspirational feedback. New author / illustrator features appear every month, so girls can check back all the time to see the latest information.
Be the Director gives girls a chance to navigate a film set from making decisions about wardrobe, music and the script. They even have a chance to make a short video and share it with friends!
Spotlight on -
Bill Gonio, Youth Development Manager
Get to know your council support
*A new feature to your Connect eNews. Once a month there will be an inside glance at someone around the council, helping you put some faces and stories with names!
Bill Gonio is the Youth Development Manager for Camp Starwoods near Clearwater.
The greatest thing about my job is... germinating & nurturing a sense of confidence and leadership in the girls that visit camp.
I believe Girl Scouts is a great organization because... we're inclusive and offer enough Pathway opportunities so that there's an activity for every personality.
When I'm not at camp, you can find me... with my daughter at a book store, coffee shop, or movie theater.