It's February, the month of St. Valentine's Day, a time to for each of us to cherish our loved ones. With this in mind, I want to share with you a great website, Smile and Move - a reminder to be hapily serve
. And excerpt from this website's author, Sam Parker:
"I want to be needed. You want to be needed. We all want to matter to the world. And the way we matter is through our service to others ... by giving more. If we want to matter and to be happy, if we want more freedom, more flexibility, more responsibility or more money, we need to give more to those we're supposed to be serving.
We need to smile & move.
To smile is to...
· Be awake, attentive, and engaged with others.
· It's being thankful for our opportunities, for our people, and for the occasional chance we have to be in the path to serve.
· It's being approachable and accessible to our customers, our subordinates, and our leaders.
· It's complaining less because we all have work to accomplish.
· It's smiling, really.
To move is to...
· Start our days early and go long more than once in a blue moon.
· It's exceeding expectations for others and dismissing mediocrity in our work.
· It's having a sense of urgency with our efforts, predicting and pre-sweating the details for others.
· It's being resourceful and resilient when we fall short, making it all about results - exceptional results.
The truth is ... you're at my service and I'm at yours. To enjoy more, we need to give more."
It would be our pleasure to serve you. Read on for finding out more about the REVOLUTION we are a part of and lots special savings opportunities, our "Green Tips", this month's Color Corner, and of course our online decorating tool.