Since International Sidewalk Astronomy Night is going to be a yearly event, it would be a good idea if everyone would keep track of how they organized thier local event and what was successful and what could be improved.
I think most of you received the email that said we wanted to print some kind of commemorative newsletter after the event and wanted to know the number of telescopes as well as a rough count of the number of people looking through those scopes. It has also been suggested by the editor of a popular astronomy magazine that you record some of the comments of the public. If you think of other information it would be good to record, please let me know.
Outline of the information we'd like to note.
1. Individual or club name and city
2. Sky conditions
3. locations ( City Centre Park, Corner of Oak/Third)
4. number and types of telescopes
5. estimated number of people/public looking throught the scopes
6. how you organized the event
7. Reactions of the public - maybe percentage of those observing for the first time.
8. suggestions for next year