|ACOs - Just What is Medicare Proposing?|
|ICD-10 is Coming! |
Are you Preparing for the Change?
The compliance date for implementation of the International Classification of Diseases, 10th Edition, Clinical Modification/Procedure Coding system (ICD-10-CM/PCS) is October 1, 2013
January 1, 2010
- Payers and providers should have begun internal testing of Version 5010 standards for electronic claims
December 31, 2010
- Internal testing of Version 5010 must have been completed to achieve Level I Version 5010 compliance
January 1, 2011
- Payers and providers should have begun external testing of Version 5010 for electronic claims
- CMS begins accepting Version 5010 claims
- Version 4010 claims continue to be accepted
December 31, 2011
- External testing of Version 5010 for electronic claims must be complete to achieve Level II Version 5010 compliance
January 1, 2012
- All electronic claims must use Version 5010
- Version 4010 claims are no longer accepted
October 1, 2013
Read more about ICD-10...
- Claims for services provided on or after this date must use ICD-10 codes for medical diagnosis and inpatient procedures.
- CPT codes will continue to be used for outpatient services.
to see the timeline for ICD-10.