|5th Precinct Minneapolis Police Spotlight Newsletter Archive|
|use the link above or text SPOTLIGHT to 22828 |
- Spring Issue 14 (2016) (5/13/2016)
- New Somali-American officer in Fifth Precinct; Open House 5/17, 5-7 pm; Park ordinance info, Securonet business camera system, spring safety tips, robbery prevention in English, Spanish, and Somali; organics, bike lanes, and more!
- Winter Issue 13 (2016) (2/12/2016)
- 5th Precinct leads the city in 2015 crime reduction (see the stats!), a tale of winter kindness and Uptown's newest beat officer, 2015 Personnel of the Year for 5th Precinct, PAL is coming to Southside, MPD Recruitment, and more!
- Fall Issue 12 (2015) (10/21/2015)
- Bike Cops for Kids, rape/sexual assault resources, new MPD recruits, Autumn/Halloween tips, bait bike program, meet new staff, and more
- Spring Issue 11 (2015) (4/27/2015)
- MPD/OJP performance study, terrorism/suspicious behavior identification training through Community Awareness Program, what to do in a traffic stop, precinct trends, Open House, seasonal safety tips, and more
- Winter Issue 10 (2014) (12/22/2014)
- MPD is Hiring, New Lts, Community Attorney, St Stephen's Street Outreach, Juvenile Probation, & more
- Summer Issue 9 (2014) (6/27/2014)
- President Obama by Lake Harriet, Officer of the Year's story from Laos to Minneapolis, Anatomy of a case, bike safety, and more
- Winter Issue 8 (2013) (12/16/2013)
- Holiday tips, free apps through Minneapolis, subzero preparedness, Somali and Spanish outreach, and more
- Spring Issue 7 (2013) (5/7/2013)
- Open House, Summer Youth Programs, mediation with CRC, CM Tuthill Q&A, witness and victim protection laws, trespassing and how to do it, scam alert, texting while driving, and more
- Winter Issue 6 (2012) (12/20/2012)
- Chief Harteau, MPD 2.0, Inspector Clark becomes Assistant Chief, Lt Tony Diaz becomes Inspector Diaz, CM Goodman Q&A, holiday tips, citizen awards, and more
- Special Announcement (12/18/2012)
- Former Inspector Matt Clark gives his farewell to Fifth Precinct after being promoted to Assistant Chief
- Summer Issue 5 (2012) (8/9/2012)
- In this issue: new Community Attorney Jennifer Saunders, CM Glidden Q&A, 5th Precinct personnel awarded for their work, recreational fire safety, the return of CPS GPS and more.
- Spring Issue 4 (2012) (3/29/2012)
- In this issue: Property crimes and 911, veteran resources, how to protect your technology, 28th & Hennepin, Lyndale resident helps keep sex offender out of neighborhood, and more.
- Fall Issue 3 (1/25/2012)
- In this issue: Stevens Square/Whittier Beat Officers, new outreach for social services and spiritual communities in 5th Precinct, being a block leader is as easy as emailing your neighbors, Q&A with Council Member Quincy, remembering 9/11 with our former Inspector, and more
- Summer Issue 2 (6/27/2011)
- In this issue: local security helps catch chronic thieves, Kingfield traveling block party, Día del Niño, What is a Community Attorney?, National Night Out, and more
- Spring Issue 1 (5/6/2011)
- In this issue: The importance of block clubs, officer of the year, 5th Precinct Open House, why everyday calls can mean the difference between life and death, community impact statements, 38th & Nicollet spotlight-- and more
What Is the Spotlight or the Fifth Precinct?
The Fifth Precinct is located in Southwest Minneapolis:
It is home to many iconic landmarks of Minneapolis: Uptown; Lake Calhoun (Bde Maka Ska), Lake Harriet, Lake of the Isles, and Cedar Lake; Minneapolis Institute of Art (Mia), Minneapolis College of Art and Design (MCAD), Walker Art Museum; Eat Street... and the list goes on.
The Spotlight newsletter is the Fifth Precinct's chance to show you a behind the scenes look at updates on programs, seasonal crime prevention advice, articles about topics
that we believe are of interest or import to the community, and we always
try to include Spanish and Somali outreach.
For more information on the Fifth Precinct and crime prevention, please visit:
Minneapolis Police Department
3101 Nicollet Ave