|5th Precinct Minneapolis Police Newsletter Archive|
|use the link above or text SPOTLIGHT to 22828 |
- Winter Issue 10 (2014) (12/22/2014)
- MPD is Hiring, New Lts, Community Attorney, St Stephen's Street Outreach, Juvenile Probation, & more
- Summer Issue 9 (2014) (6/27/2014)
- President Obama by Lake Harriet, Officer of the Year's story from Laos to Minneapolis, Anatomy of a case, bike safety, and more
- Winter Issue 8 (2013) (12/16/2013)
- Holiday tips, free apps through Minneapolis, subzero preparedness, Somali and Spanish outreach, and more
- Spring Issue 7 (2013) (5/7/2013)
- Open House, Summer Youth Programs, mediation with CRC, CM Tuthill Q&A, witness and victim protection laws, trespassing and how to do it, scam alert, texting while driving, and more
- Winter Issue 6 (2012) (12/20/2012)
- Chief Harteau, MPD 2.0, Inspector Clark becomes Assistant Chief, Lt Tony Diaz becomes Inspector Diaz, CM Goodman Q&A, holiday tips, citizen awards, and more
- Special Announcement (12/18/2012)
- Former Inspector Matt Clark gives his farewell to Fifth Precinct after being promoted to Assistant Chief
- Summer Issue 5 (2012) (8/9/2012)
- In this issue: new Community Attorney Jennifer Saunders, CM Glidden Q&A, 5th Precinct personnel awarded for their work, recreational fire safety, the return of CPS GPS and more.
- Spring Issue 4 (2012) (3/29/2012)
- In this issue: Property crimes and 911, veteran resources, how to protect your technology, 28th & Hennepin, Lyndale resident helps keep sex offender out of neighborhood, and more.
- Fall Issue 3 (1/25/2012)
- In this issue: Stevens Square/Whittier Beat Officers, new outreach for social services and spiritual communities in 5th Precinct, being a block leader is as easy as emailing your neighbors, Q&A with Council Member Quincy, remembering 9/11 with our former Inspector, and more
- Summer Issue 2 (6/27/2011)
- In this issue: local security helps catch chronic thieves, Kingfield traveling block party, Día del Niño, What is a Community Attorney?, National Night Out, and more
- Spring Issue 1 (5/6/2011)
- In this issue: The importance of block clubs, officer of the year, 5th Precinct Open House, why everyday calls can mean the difference between life and death, community impact statements, 38th & Nicollet spotlight-- and more
What Is the Spotlight or the Fifth Precinct?
The Fifth Precinct is located in Southwest Minneapolis and is home to many iconic landmarks of Minneapolis: Uptown; Lake Calhoun, Lake Harriet, Lake of the Isles and Cedar Lake; Minneapolis Institute of Art (MIA) and Minneapolis College of Art and Design (MCAD); Eat Street... and the list doesn't stop there.
The Spotlight is the Fifth Precinct's chance to show you:
- What's happening in the police department
- Highlights of citizen involvement and community organizations
- Pertinent crime prevention tips
- Highlights of notable arrests
- Crime Prevention in Spanish and Somali
- much more!
The Spotlight is an emailed newsletter that arrives in your inbox at most 4 times a year. It is positive and proactive and is our way of thanking each of you for your support and commitment to making Minneapolis an even better place to live, work, and play.
For more information on the Fifth Precinct and crime prevention, please visit:
Minneapolis Police Department
3101 Nicollet Ave