|Cascade Title Barometer|
Click here to view the most recent copy of the Cascade Title real estate barometer.
If you haven't discovered Pinterest yet, you're missing out. This bulletin board site is sweeping the area. Pinterest allows users to browse virtual bulletin boards, "pinning" creative ideas to their individual spaces.
It's free to use, but you must be invited to join. (You can email Cascade's own escrow officer Alison Peters if you'd like an invite!)
It's the time of year to ruin you diet with those boxes of chocolates! As you make a point of showing your love to those you care about, check out this great idea to package a sweet treat
! (Maybe we'll try that with our cookies!)
Drop by and visit us!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Your Friends at Cascade Title Company
Are You Ready to RELAY?!?
The annual Relay For Life Kickoff event is Tuesday, February 7th at 5:30 PM, at the Kelso Red Lion Hotel.
Although fundraising goes on all year, this will be the official kickoff for this year. You can go to this event and sign up a team, hear about Relay For Life, explore ways to get involved with the event or donate money to help us battle cancer.
Cascade Title is proud to have a team in Relay called "Cancer Crushers". Our team is made up from 3 groups, Cascade Title, Kelso Kiwanis and OHSU Casey Eye Institute, formerly Lower Columbia Eye Clinic. We are proud that our team comes in the top 10 for both size of team as well as funds raised. Our title officer, Dennis Bird has finished serving as the Event Chair of the Cowlitz/Wahkiakum Relay for the past 2 years and is the Co-Chair of Logistics this year.
Almost everyone has a connection to cancer. One third of all women and one-half of all men will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime. Please contribute and participate if you can. For more info on the Relay, you can go to the website at www.cowlitzrelay.org or email the event chair, Ivy Masters at Ivymastersrelay@hotmail.com. If you would like info to join Cancer Crushers or to donate, you can call Dennis Bird at 425-2950 or email at Dennis@cascade-title.com.
Cascade Title's Manager Message
This is for all those romantic people out there., all the trivia you wanted to know about Valentine's Day but were too shy to ask!
- 15% of U.S. women send themselves flowers on Valentine's Day
- Over 1 billion Valentine's Day cards are exchanged each year and that is only second to Christmas.
- About 3% of pet owners will give Valentine's Day gifts to their pets.
- California produces 60% of American roses and about 110 million roses, mostly red, will be sold and delivered on Valentine's Day.
- Hallmark has over 1330 different cards for Valentine's Day.
- Back in the Middle Ages, young men and women drew names from a bowl to see who their Valentines would be. They would wear these names on their sleeves for one week. To wear your heart on your sleeve now means that it is easy for other people to know how your are feeling.
- Only the U.S., Canada, Mexico, France, Australia and U.K. celebrate Valentine's Day.
- Teachers will receive the most Valentine's Day cards, followed by children, mothers, wives and then sweethearts.
- The red rose was the favorite flower of Venus, the Roman goddess of love. Red stands for strong feelings which is why a red rose is a flower of love.
- 58 million pounds of chocolate candy will be sold for Valentine's Day and most will be in 1.1 billion boxes and will cost about 345 million dollars!
Happy Valentine's Day from all of us here at Cascade Title!!
1425 Maple Street, Longview, WA 98632
Phone: (360) 425-2950
Fax: (360) 425-8010
Toll Free: (877) 425-2950