|Cascade Title Barometer|
Click here to view the most recent copy of the Cascade Title real estate barometer.
This time of year, most of us are still rushing around, shopping for Christmas present and feast ingredients. As we all know, having good service this time of year can make or break your shopping experience.
At Cascade Title, we're always working to give you the best possible closing experience. If you're stressed out this season, stop in and see us for some holiday cheer and EXCELLENT service.
We wish you all the best for the Christmas season!
Your Friends at Cascade Title Company
CCAR Installation Banquet RECAP!
The Cowlitz County Association of Realtors Installation Banquet was on Friday, December 2nd, and had the Monticello Hotel decked out -- complete with red carpet arrivals! The banquet went very well and the Hollywood Nights brought out all the stars!
We welcomed our new president, Shirley Nelson, and thanked David Thelin for a well done 2011 year. The award winners were: Affiliate of the Year: Joel Lengyel, Rookie Realtor: Barbara Anderson, Realtor Achievement: Mike Wallin, Realtor Community Service: Dennis LaVoie, and Realtor of the Year: David Thelin. From food to decorations, it was a fabulous evening!
Cascade Title's Manager Message
Welcome to the month of Santa!! Okay, you think you know him pretty well? Well, Lets just put you on trial and see how well you can do with this test!!! Enjoy and remember this is just for fun and if you don't score well, do like Santa would do...just say Ho, Ho Ho!!! Answers on page
- Why does Santa wear red?
- Why does Christmas fall on December 25th?
- What year was the first Christmas tree decorated?
- In what country was the first Christmas tree decorated?
- In what year was the first electric tree lights sold and by what company?
- In what year was the Christmas tree stand first sold?
- What upwardly parasitic plant that grows on trees has wound its way into Christmas culture?
- Who is to blame for the tradition of exchanging Christmas cards?
- What is the best selling Christmas song made popular by Bing Crosby?
- What was the original name of Rudolph?
- Which Gospel passage is written "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord"?
- Red is the way Norman Rockwell saw it, and red is the color Coca Cola wanted when it pretty much created the modern image of Santa in 1931
- Pope Julius I decreed December 25th as the official date as it was already the center of a pagan holiday that featured feasts and gift-giving.
- 1903 by General Electric
- Pucker up, it is the Mistletoe!
- German born Louis Prang
- Der Bingle as he was known sang White Christmas
- First Rollo, then Reginald before Robert L. May decided on Rudolph
- The Gospel of Luke
1425 Maple Street, Longview, WA 98632
Phone: (360) 425-2950
Fax: (360) 425-8010
Toll Free: (877) 425-2950
- 3 days!
- New York
- 36 years!
- He did so to make the Christmas shopping season longer to stimulate the economy
- Only half of the pilgrims who sailed on the Mayflower survived, and those that did, decided to give a thanksgiving feast.