Stimulus Savings Available thru October 31, 2009!
We're all trying to make the dollar stretch a little further these days and CBI wants to help you and your business by offering our own Stimulus Package . Now through October 31, 2009, save $200
off the cost of a customized training class or 20% off the cost
of any open enrollment course. The discount can be used for the classes listed below, or visit our website
for other offerings this fall. Just mention this email when you call to register at (276) 739-2430.
All the best,
Melinda T. Leland
Dean, Center for Business & Industry
|Leading in Turbulent Times
The Center for Business & Industry has partnered with DDI to offer award-winning leadership, workforce and customer service training to your organization! Leadership attributes needed to steer the organizational ship in perilous times differ markedly from those in more normal times, and the risk that the ship's officers have wobbly sea legs runs from moderate to very high. In today's turbulent environment, research shows that first and second-level leaders must:
· Lead change.
· Implement operational controls.
· Make quick decisions in response to each new challenge.
· Communicate effectively.
· Retain and motivate talent.
· Engage and empower.
· Convey authenticity and build trust.
· Promote innovation in processes to prepare for the future.
Join Thomas Springer in this FREE three hour workshop and get a taste of several leadership topics that can help you successfully steer your company through stormy seas.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009, 9AM-12PM
Register Today! (276)739-2430
|Train the Trainer
How many boring classes have you sat in during your life? Ten, twenty, one hundred, or more? Most trainers are Subject Matter Experts, but few can train. To be an effective instructor takes more than knowing your subject. You must also have instructional expertise and this is what you will learn in this one day workshop. At the completion of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify five critical learning experiences, and show how they contribute to adult learning.
- Understand the roles of the trainer, role selection, and impact.
- Link behaviors and attitudes to deliberately and consistently fulfill each role.
- Use your understanding of activity design to select the best trainer role(s) and level of involvement for the training activities you conduct.
- Understand the types of feedback and demonstrate the skills of reinforcing performance and offering improvement suggestions.
September 23, 2009 from 8AM-5PM
Course fee: $199
Register Today by Calling (276) 739-2430
4th Annual Manufacturers Appreciation Luncheon
Please join us as we celebrate manufacturing in Southwest Virginia. Guest Speaker, Diane Thomas, with the Virginia Economic Development Partnership, will share the latest news in Virginia's Export outlook.
October 1, 2009
12:00 - 2:00
Virginia Highlands Small Business Incuabtor, Abingdon, VA
The event is free, but registration is required. Please call 739-2430 before September 25, or by email -- firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lunch will be provided.