Unfortunately the first email that was sent out was incomplete. Please see below the full list of members of the Governor's Health Reform Task Force
Schneeman named to Governor's Health Reform Task Force
Last week, the Governor announced his appointments to his health reform task force. The task force was created last year by the legislature and will be responsible for studying and making recommendations on the state's implementation of federal health care reform. (the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, PPACA) The Group will issue a report with its findings by December, 2010. This report will likely be the start of the state legislature's debate on federal heath care reform when it returns to St. Paul in January, 2011.
MIIAB member Chris Schneeman has been named to the 18 member task force. The Governor announced his 14 appointees to the task force; the state legislature will appoint the final four task force members. Chris has long been active in the state's health care debate representing NAIFA, MAHU and the MIIAB at the capitol and has provided testimony at the legislature on several occasions. His membership will assure the voice of insurance agents and brokers are heard. Congratulations Chris.
Task force members named this week include:
DHS Commissioner Cal Ludeman - Chair
MMB Commissioner Tom Hanson- Member
MDH Commissioner Dr. Sanne Magnan- Ex-officio (non-voting) member
Carolyn Jones- Senior Director, Express Scripts
William H. Wenmark - Former Chairman and
Founder, NOW Medical Centers
Henry T. Van Dellen
- Senior Vice President, Health and Welfare Practice Leader, Aon Consulting
Harry Melander - MN State Building and Construction Trades Council
Scott Walker - United Brotherhood of Carpenters
- SevenHills Benefit Partners
- former Chairman, Health and Human Services Finance Committee, Minnesota House of Representatives
- Vice President of Human Resources, Best BuyCo., Inc.
- Policy Fellow, Center of the American Experiment
- Director, Medical Industry Leadership Institute, Carlson School of Management
- Executive Director, CDI Quality Institute, Center for Diagnostic Imaging.