Fall Is A Great Time For
Unsightly "spider" and varicose veins can make you feel less confident about your appearance, especially when wearing shorts or a bathing suit. Heredity and hormones are often the culprits. Bulging varicose veins can be particularly uncomfortable. Now, in addition to sclerotherapy for spider veins, varicose veins can be safely and easily treated with the VNUS® Closure procedure.
Medical Director Dr. Rick Noodleman performs the VNUS minimally-invasive technique to close the diseased main vein from within. Using only a local anesthetic, Dr. Noodleman applies bursts of radiofrequency (RF) energy to heat and contract the vein wall, sealing the vein in just 3 to 5 minutes.
This approach allows the body to re-establish healthier circulation with virtually no discomfort. The entire treatment takes less than an hour. Patients can walk immediately afterwards and most can resume normal activities the next day. Leg pain and heaviness disappear almost immediately and visible changes are evident in a few weeks. The procedure is more than 95% effective and, because it's considered a medical necessity rather than a cosmetic procedure, it's covered by medicare and most insurance plans.
FREE Vein Screening Clinic
Friday, September 30th
1:00 - 4:00 pm
Schedule your appointment today!
|Spotlight on Treatment
Age Defy is pleased to introduce
Kimberly Brown, L.Ac., N.D.
Kimberly Brown brings to Age Defy six years' experience as an Acupuncturist with advanced certification in Facial Acupuncture. She uses Acupuncture and other natural modalities to treat a wide range of conditions including cosmetic concerns, menstrual difficulties, peri-menopausal and menopausal symptoms, infertility, acute and chronic pain, headaches, and mental-emotional issues.
In addition, Kimberly brings to Age Defy her skills as a Naturopathic doctor. Naturopathic medicine is based on the belief that the human body has an innate healing ability. Naturopathic doctors blend the best of modern medical science and traditional natural medical approaches to not only treat disease, but to also restore health.
Call us to schedule an appointment!
We can bill your insurance if your policy covers acupuncture services and Age Defy is a participating provider in your plan.
|Mark Your Calendar
Join us to learn about the latest
aesthetic options including:
· CoolSculpting® Stubborn fat pockets in the mid-section are a problem for many. Now you can literally freeze away that fat with CoolSculpting, a unique, no downtime, FDA-approved procedure.
· Sculptra™ Aesthetic. Sculptra stimulates the body to form its own collagen naturally filling in lines and folds of the mid and lower face, depressed scars and hollow, sunken cheeks.
· Our Vein Therapy Program offers comprehensive services for spider veins and larger, bulging veins - without surgery or downtime. Dr. Rick Noodleman performs the VNUS minimally-invasive technique to close diseased varicose veins from within.
To learn more, attend our:
Tuesday, September 20th
Registration, Wine & Hors d'oeuvres
RSVP 877-AGE-DEFY or click here
"Bring A Friend" Botox Night
Returns By Popular Demand!
Our "Bring A Friend" Botox Event returns! This popular Event is our way of rewarding you for your loyalty to Age Defy. Learn how to take years off your looks in minutes with a presentation by our Nurse Practitioner, Joe Gorelick.
You and your Friend will enjoy a frown line Botox treatment with any Allergan® purchase & also receive a Revercel® Gift!
RSVP required by clicking here
Must attend the Event to take advantage of special offers
Sponsored by Allergan Cosmetics
Free Vein Screening
Friday, September 30th
1:00 - 4:00 pm
Get rid of those bothersome leg veins - and the heaviness and pain that go with them. The new VNUS® technique closes veins from within using bursts of energy to heat and seal the vein.
To attend this free screening,
- In less than an hour, healthier circulation re-established - with virtually no discomfort!
- More than 95% effective.
- Covered by Medicare & most insurance plans.
call 1-877-AGE-DEFY or click here
to schedule your appointment
Perfect Glycolic Treatment 25% is a lightweight, paraben and oil-free emulsion for all skin types. A step-up from Perfect Glycolic Treatment 15%, Perfect Glycolic 25% exfoliates dead, dry and dull skin cells stimulating cell renewal. It reduces the appearance of brown spots (hyperpigmentation), fine lines and wrinkles and increases the skin's natural ability to retain moisture. Perfect Glycolic Treatment also effectively primes the skin's natural ability to retain moisture allowing it to penetrate more deeply. Formulated with bisabolol and algae and mugwork extracts, Perfect Glycolic Treatment soothes and reduces the irritation and redness often experienced with other alpha-hydroxy acid products.
Available at Age Defy and www.revercel.com
A happy patient writes:
Hi Dr. Noodleman,
Well so far it looks as though you hit a home run today. Maybe a tiny bit of swelling and no bruising as of tonight. Thanks so much for being so careful...Charisma is the best (right up there with Catherine). Toni is wonderful too.
Thanks for doing such a great job.
"Vein, Vein, Go Away..."
Today, there are many preventive and corrective approaches to diminish the appearance and pain associated with unsightly leg veins. Fall is an ideal time to eliminate those veins and regain your confidence. Below are some Dos and Don'ts for this uncomfortable, often embarrassing condition:
· Sit or stand for extended periods of time. Instead, change positions every 30 minutes to improve blood flow and alleviate pressure. It's also good to flex your calf muscles frequently to promote good circulation, especially on long, sedentary trips.
· Expose legs to excessive heat. Hot tubs will actually increase vein swelling and lead to blood pooling.
· Stay active and keep your legs moving to ensure good leg circulation and to reduce pressure and blood pooling.
· Maintain a healthy weight. Weight loss may help prevent the development of varicose and spider veins and eliminate the excess pressure that causes veins to surface.
· Wear compression stockings to elevate pressure to the veins and while not restricting circulation.
· Listen to your body. Varicose and smaller "spider" veins are not only a cosmetic concern, they can also lead to serious health complications such as fatigue, night cramps, leg swelling or chronic itching. If you're experiencing any of these symptoms, please schedule an appointment with Dr. Rick Noodleman for an evaluation.
In Good Health,
Arlene Noodleman, M.D.,M.P.H.Medical Director, Integrative Health
Dr. David Harris
will be here
during the week of
Call to schedule your appointment today!
Forward using this link,
not your email program.
Was this newsletter
forwarded to you?
|Follow us and
read our tweets.
Be the first to know what's new at Age Defy including special Events and promotions!
Service Excellence Commitment
We continue to share our Service Excellence Standards with your as part of our commitment to the best in patient care. Age Defy strives to provide each patient with an exceptional experience at every visit.
We work consciously every day to follow our 10 Service Excellence Standards.
Service Standard #6 states:
Everyone in responsible to convey a professional image. We always wear our name tags, dress conservatively and consistently adhere to our Grooming Standard concerning hair, jewelry, make-up and uniforms.
"Bring A Friend"
Call for details
September 22, 2011