Free Training Programs on Pool and Spa Inspection
While its only February and swim season may seem a mirage for those digging out from the recent snow storms, it will be here sooner than we think. Now is the time to prepare for pool and spa openings and to plan for safety.
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has been working with industry professionals to provide training resources and information regarding compliance with the Virginia Graeme Baker Pool & Spa Safety Act. They are very pleased to inform you about various programs and opportunities for compliance education.
Working with three of the leading professional organizations, CPSC has created trainings classes and videos, webinars and other online training tools to reach everyone who may be interested in proper installation and inspection of pools and spas, in accordance with the P&SS Act or VGB Act. Please note, the following training programs are FREE of charge to all who attend.
1) State and local officials, including public health, environmental, building code officials, and anyone involved in state regulation and inspections, may join an existing class or speak to NSPF (National Swimming Pool Foundation) about possible training for your organization, county or state agency. Webinars and online training will also be available.
- A current schedule for upcoming P&SS Act events, registration links, and links to the Webinar broadcast schedule can be found here: http://www.poolgeniusnetwork.com (see top of home page), or for a schedule of live, 30-minute webinar broadcasts: http://www.getpssacompliant.com.
- For information or to schedule training in your jurisdiction, contact: Amanda Rogers at 719-540-9119 or email@example.com.
2) Aquatics professionals and representatives, including pool and spa owners, operators and managers, pool and spa service providers, builders, product manufacturers and lifeguards should contact the APSP (Association of Pool and Spa Professionals) for the information about training sessions and events.
- Visit www.VGBtraining.org and click Event Registration for information about APSP's training classes, live events and online training, or contact Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Pool Safely campaign recently released its Communications Toolkit - a one-stop shop of campaign materials and information on the Pool Safely campaign. Developed for public and water safety advocates, the communications toolkit highlights all of the free campaign materials from brochures to stickers to fans. Return the attached order form today to get your free educational materials. If you have any questions, please contact Armando.email@example.com.