Prescription Drug Collection
Township Police Department
April 30 from
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Bring your unused or expired medication for safe disposal to the Upper Makefield Township Police Department, 1076 Eagle Road.
Bowman's Hill Wildflower Preserve
May 7 to 15 from
10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Tuesday through Sunday
Select from over 100 species of native plants for spring planting. Knowledgeable staff and volunteers will help you choose the right plants for your site. Ask the Expert event Saturday, May 7 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Washington Crossing Brewfest
May 14 from
12:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Sample beers from more than 50 national and regional breweries at the first-ever Washington Crossing Brewfest.
Learn more and purchase tickets online.
Upper Makefield Fire Company Family Carnival May 9-14 from
6 to 10 p.m.
Pay one price and ride all night, or buy individual tickets. Try your hand at carnival games and get a bite to eat. Free Parking. Located at Route 32 across from the U.S. Post Office. Visit the Upper Makefield Fire Company website.
UMBA Phillies Game Fund Raiser
The Phillies take on the Florida Marlins. Get your tickets online from the Upper Makefield Business Association.
Register & Volunteer for the Revolutionary Run on July 4
Planning for the 31st Annual Revolutionary Run at Washington Crossing Historic Park is underway. Register and/or volunteer for the event.
Send us your community news!
We will try to include as many events as possible; however we may edit submissions. The township maintains the right to select appropriate submissions for inclusion.
Stay updated with
Upper Makefield Township eNews.
Upper Makefield eNews is part of our efforts to improve our electronic-based communication with residents, and we appreciate your support. Help our e-mail list grow to reach everyone in the community. to your neighbors and encourage them to sign-up.
Review New FEMA Floodplain Maps - April 27
Wednesday, April 27
Upper Makefield Township Building
Residents are invited to review new Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) floodplain maps at a community meeting, hosted by the Upper Makefield Township Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors next Wednesday, April 27 at 7:00 pm. Residents who live in or near a floodplain are encouraged to attend, as residents may find their home's floodplain status change in the new maps. Download an agenda
Meeting presenters include: Lynn Bush, Executive Director of the Bucks County Planning Commission, Dave Bollinger, Region III Mitigation Outreach Coordinator for FEMA, as well as township officials. They will be addressing questions of the new maps, availability, appeals process, and impact on township ordinances.Reasons for the Update
The redrawn maps use a new base map to improve accuracy as well as new data and studies. Also part of the redraw, a Digital Flood Insurance Rate Map compatible with GIS is being produced.
Read the full article on our website and download FEMA's Flood Hazard Mapping Fact Sheet
for more information. Read more.
|Earth Day at the Park - Saturday, April 23|
|Brownsburg Park Pavilion|
10 a.m. To 2 p.m.
Rain or shine, come celebrate Earth Day at Brownsburg Park. Browse exhibits, attend seminars and demonstrations, and meet live animals. Then, stick around and enjoy the park with your family and neighbors. Bring a picnic lunch, kites, Frisbees, roller blades, or even just your walking shoes! More details & directions.
Theft Part 2: How to Protect Yourself
|As discussed in last month's eNews, there are a myriad of ways thieves work to steal your good name and ruin your credit history. This month, we offer a few guidelines on ways you can protect your information.
- Monitor You Financials. Review your account and billing statements closely, and periodically check your credit report from all 3 credit reporting bureaus, Experian, Equifax, and Trans Union.
- Use a Shredder. Shred anything that may contain any identifying information.
- Protect your Social Security Number. If it is not absolutely necessary to provide this number, choose an alternate means of identification.
- Mind Shoulder Surfers. Be aware of your surroundings when choosing an ATM or using a credit card at a store.
- Carry Only What You Need. Additional credit cards, checkbook, passport, social security card, etc., should be kept at home in a secure location. Never leave your wallet, credit receipts, or statements in your vehicle. Cancel credit cards you no longer use and shred them.
- Never Provide Personal Information Over the Phone or in Response to an Email. When in doubt, call back the company requesting the information from a number you have obtained, not one the caller gave you.
- Shop only from Secure Websites. Also, be sure to keep your anti-virus and anti-spyware software current.
- Use External Storage. When storing personal information on your computer such as taxes or bank account numbers, use a device that can be removed from your computer such as an external hard drive, DVD, or CD to limit exposure to hackers.
- Keep a List. Maintain an up-to-date list of all your credit and debit cards with their corresponding account numbers and card issuer phone numbers.
Next month: What to do if your identity is stolen.
If you would like to speak to an Upper Makefield Township police officer about identity theft concerns or have an officer speak to your community organization, please call the Police Department at 215-968-3020. In an emergency, always call 9-1-1.
Household Hazardous Waste and Computer Collection on May 7
|Lower Makefield Corporate Center - So. Campus|
770 Township Line Road, Lower Makefield
Bucks County Planning Commission's first Household Hazardous Waste and Old Computer Collection day of the year is Saturday, May 7 at the Lower Makefield Corporate Center.
Safely dispose of products such as heating oil, pool chemicals, oven cleaner, batteries, and antifreeze. Download a flier for full details on what to bring and future collection dates. For additional information contact the Bucks County Planning Commission at 215-345-3400.
|PennDOT to Close Windy Bush Road for Bridge Repair|
|Windy Bush Road (Route 232) is closed between Street Road and Pidcock Road in Solebury and Upper Makefield Township through June 17. PennDOT crews began work April 11 to rehabilitate the 71-year-old bridge over Pidcock Creek.|
During construction, traffic will be detoured over Street, Lurgan, and Aquetong roads. Please allow extra time for travel and follow detour signs.
|Support Brownsburg Park - Buy a Brick|
|Show your community support with a personalized engraved brick. For $50 you can support Brownsburg Park and have your name immortalized in stone. Download and return your brick order form by May 15, and look for your brick when they are installed later this summer.|
|Neighbors without Computers?|
|Our website and eNews are two of our most cost-efficient ways to provide residents with valuable information. However, if you know someone who does not have a computer, and would be interested in receiving a copy of this eNews by mail, please have them call the township at 215-968-3340. For those with email, !|