If you were a student or parent looking for a tutor, which of the above photos would you least likely look at?
A profile with a photo is 300% more likely to be considered.
Close to 40% of the tutors in our network of over 3,000 tutors have NOT uploaded a photo. What is that all about?
Top 12 reasons (excuses?) for a tutor's not posting a photo:
- didn't have time to post one when I created my account
- too busy
- not comfortable putting my photo on the web
- too much trouble
- don't know how to upload a photo on your site
- don't have any good photos
- don't have any photos on my computer
- don't want people to see I am on the web
- don't like to be photographed
- don't like how I look
- don't want people to see I am associated with Tutoring Match????
- combinaton of the above???
If your profile is missing a photo, do these reasons/excuses resonate?
If so, how do you think your choice impacts on possible clients who have a choice between tutors with photos and those without? Read on...
Here's how many parents/students view profiles without photos:
- Must not be that serious a tutor
- Shy? Secretive? Fearful? Sorry, I'm looking for a tutor with confidence.
- Not sure I can trust a tutor who does not identify himself or herself.
- If you are going to meet my child in person, I would like to know what you look like.
- I am not hiring a tutor based on appearances, but a first impression helps open the door.
Here's a sample of a typical search for study skills:
Here are some advantages for having a profile photo:
- Your photo says something about your unique identity.
- Your profile is more noticeable.
- A photo says something about your approachability, warmth, openness and attitude.
- Your photo encourages parents and students to click on your profile.
- Tutors with profiles with photos (+ other required fields) will have another major advantage: the opportunity to use all 70+ marketing, payment and support services, tools, features, discounts and options. See Professional Membership.
Here are some tutor profiles with effective photos:
View what your Tutoring Match Agreement says about photos.
Here's what happens to your profile without a photo:
- Your profile will continue to attract fewer parent/student visitors/VIEWS than profiles with photos.
- In August 2011 photo-less profiles will become unviewable by parents and students until a photo is uploaded.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is a "good" photo for my profile?
How is posting an unclear photo almost as bad, maybe worse, than not posting one at all?
Can I call you and have you take me through the process?
Will you upload to my profile, if I send you an email with my photo attached?
Can I send a photo to your office and have you upload it?
What is going to happen to profiles without photos?
Sign in to your account Tutoring Match