|| March 2010 Volume 2 Edition
Welcome to Homeopathic Times, read our next part on how to lose weight and feel great for 2010. Can you really move it and lose it?
Lose Weight, Feel Great!
Part Five: Can You Really Move it and Lose it?
|I have been researching the many healthy ways that people can lose weight and keep it off. I will be culminating this research as well my clinical experience into a new book which will be released in March 2010 called "Your Drug Free Guide to Healthy Weight Loss". In each monthly newsletter each month I will be highlighting the many reasons for weight gain and how we can improve our health so that we can achieve a healthy body weight. Last month we highlighted how hormonal imbalances affect our distribution of weight and fat cells as well as our resolve.
Since the weather has been great in Ontario, I have decided to put out the next issue of achieving weight loss early on how we can move it and lose it. We should all get out and expose ourself to some of that natural vitamin D from the sun. Exercise is essential to maintaining healthy muscles, bones and circulation. It improves our feel good hormones, reduces stress and eases depression. Exercising three to four times a week, followed by walking on the off days is a key to maintaining a great figure. Studies have shown that those who start exercising even at age 70 can improve their muscle mass and lung capacty. Burning just an extra 300 calories a day can help you to lose a pound a week if you are eating a healthy diet and consuming the right amount of calories for your metabolism.
Many people don't like formal exercise and that is fine to admit that. However, you still have to get your butt in gear! There are many ways to increase your fitness level without feeling like you are doing hard time. If you do exercises coupled with things you enjoy such as walking on a scenic trail, touring a museum, going tobagging, having a snowball fight or walking your dog (you can borrow your neighbours dog!).
Supplements for stamina and athletic endurance:
- the herb Rhodiola is excellent for endurance and co-ordination as well as for people who feel stressed and irritable.
- the minerals calcium and magnesium help the muscles to contract and recover from exercise.
- the amino acid L Tyrosine helps with stress and multi tasking, improves energy and metabolism. Be careful if you are taking thyroid medication.
Happenings in Guelph....
Heather Caruso is appearing on the Rogers TV show,
"Inside Guelph" on
Wednesday March 17th at noon to discuss healthy aging and anti-aging foods and supplements.
Please watch, we
appreciate your support.
What is New in the Clinic....
We have a few new tests available in the clinic.
- One is an environmental sensitivity test for various types of moulds, pollen and animal dander. The cost is $50.00 plus GST.
- We still have the food sensitivity test, for 280 common foods. The cost is $125.00 plus GST.
- Pathogen (bacteria, parasite, fungal and viral) test kits, over 100 different microbes. The cost is $50.00 plus GST.
- The other test is a menopause test kit, which tests to see if you are in menopause or not. The cost is 25.50 plus GST.
- As always, we have the Biocard Celiac Test, which tests for gluten intolerance, and is 60.00 plus GST.
April Specials: For the month of March and April all of the tests mentioned above are 10% off.
If you do more than one test in the month of April, you will receive a 20% discount on both of tests.