The Arc of Whatcom County provides information and referrals,
educational programs, and funding for people with developmental
disabilities, their families, and the organizations that serve them.
|And we need your help!
We Can't Predict the Future...
But We're Sure Going to Try
So, please join us at a Town Hall Meeting
Date: May 20, 2010 6:30-8:30 PM
Location: Holiday Inn in Downtown Everett - 3105 Pine St
At this meeting you'll:
If you are:
- Have the opportunity to share your concerns and identify systemic changes you'd like to see
- Learn how you can become more involved in DD issues at the local, state and national level
- Learn more about the Washington State Developmental Disabilities Council
- A person with developmental disabilities
- A family member of a person with developmental disabilities
- A service provider for a person with developmental disabilities
- A person interested in learning more about issues of concern for individuals with developmental disabilities
Then you'll want to attend this meeting! Join us on May 20th for a town meeting to discuss your concerns about present and future issues affecting individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
About the Developmental Disabilities Council
The Washington State Developmental Disabilities Council is a governor-appointed council. The Council works to promote the independence, productivity, and integration/inclusion or people with developmental disabilities (DD) into the community. The Council works toward this by:
For more information about the Council
- Promoting systems change in both the DD & other "generic" systems
- Increasing DD system capacity
- Encouraging DD advocacy studies
Visit our website at www.ddc.wa.govFor more information or to RSVP for the meeting
Contact Linda West by email at email@example.com or by phone at (800) 634-4473