December 28, 2012 - January 1, 2013
Enjoy four days of:
Meditation & contemplation practices
Unique exercise & movement routines
Nine-Start directional analysis
Delicious meals of fresh organic whole foods (gluten free & low-salt options)
New Year Eve's gourmet dinner Serene woodland setting & mountain views for restful, relaxed experiences
Open time options:
Socialize, relax, and enjoy
Treat yourself to private
- Restorative massage
- Other exceptional body
modalities to improve
skeletal & organ
- Optimize your health
consultation or menu
- Nine Star Ki personal
chart and analysis
- Energy healing
For complete descriptions
of private session options
* Separate fees, not included in
Explore the beautiful
· Art Museums
· Skiing, Ice Skating, or
· Theater Events
· Music Festivals
· Wildlife Sanctuaries
· Outlet Shops
Come sense, feel, and experience the start of the New Year in this uniquely transformative retreat, situated on our six-hundred acre natural wonderland in the beautiful Berkshire mountains.
Use this forward-looking time to let go of old habits that define and confine, and welcome in the New Year - ready to step into a healthy, happy, rewarding, and renewed life.
Become an open doorway - connecting
to your deepest ability to be nurtured and nourished, increasing in strength, flexibility, and vitality - and thrive!
Give yourself a few restful and restorative days before the bustle of the New Year.
Come get inspired by integrating meditation, movement, and macrobiotics
to nurture your body and soul.
Feel the healing power of breath, posture, and macrobiotic foods, to increase awareness, insight, and pleasure. Dig deep into these nourishing properties which provide an expanded sense of wholeness, supporting your understanding of your own potential and capacity for extraordinary health.
Enjoy cooking classes as you learn how delicious macrobiotic dishes can support spiritual and physical well-being.
Explore Nine-Star Ki energetics, a vast and insightful system that can help transform your understanding of connections and relationships, finances, health, and success.
Benefit from gentle, exceptional movement classes that encourage you to move in more flexible, effortless, and empowering ways and learn to tap into your body's potential, finding innovative strategies that help improve your posture, balance, and tonality regardless of age or fitness level.
Delight in our delicious and beautifully prepared, organic, gourmet New Year's Eve buffet dinner, followed by a celebration party, sharing in music, dance, and joy with participants and staff.
This retreat is facilitated by Kushi Institute staff
whose experience and talent span a large
range of macrobiotics, movement,
meditation, and transformative modalities.
Nine Star Ki:
Michio Kushi introduced the Nine-Star Ki approach to understanding the movement of energy, both in ourselves and in our environment, in his Boston lectures in the seventies. Originating from the "law of eternal change" and embodying many ancient Asian philosophies, Nine-Star Ki shines a clarifying light on past events and future probabilities. It is a powerful tool for personal growth.
In this workshop, with Edward Esko, you'll gain:
- Practical information designed to provide an understanding of your own personality and your relationship with others
- Greater knowledge to benefit your health, relationships, finances, and success
- Guidelines for making the most of challenges and opportunities that await you in the coming year
Expand your knowledge of the physical, emotional, and spiritual dynamics that underlie macrobiotic health with two cooking classes designed to engage your senses, stabilize your metabolism, and leave you feeling nurtured and delighted.
In these two workshops, with Bettina Zumdick, you'll gain:
- Informative tips and recipes designed to give you a broader understanding of food energetics and cooking styles that can maximize health benefits
- More satisfying dishes to astound your family and friends, loaded with valuable nutrients, health-boosting enzymes, and the savory and sweet tastes perfect for holiday events
- Guidelines for counteracting the stress and over-stimulation that can come along with holiday festivities, to help you remain peaceful, grounded and happy
Meditation and Contemplative Practices:
A retreat from our regular lives can bring about a new way of looking at ourselves and our world, opening spaces within us where deep and powerful discoveries and changes can occur. This can bring about " joyousness", positively and profoundly affecting our health in mind, body and spirit, enhancing our relationship to our inner self and our external experience with others. More and more scientific studies are confirming that meditation brings about greater well-being and actually changes the capacity and physicality of your brain!
In these workshops, shared between Bettina Zumdick and Misha Forrester, you'll have opportunities to:
- Explore a variety of meditative practices that include following the breath, moving meditation, chanting, and guided visualization
- Develop moment-to-moment awareness, observing and witnessing your thoughts, feelings and sensations
- Utilize mindfulness-based strategies that may help dissolve critical, habitual ways of thinking and acting that often judgmentally hijack your bliss
- Slow down your breathing rate, blood pressure, and heart rate to discover how mindfulness can cultivate positive, emotional states in ourselves and others, to become more patient, kind, accepting, and compassionate, thus improving overall mood and health
Develop optimal, functional movement:
Align your hips and spine, balance with both feet, and connect from your head to your toes using your whole body through Feldenkrais Method Awareness Through Movement®, and Bones for Life®, internationally acclaimed therapeutic systems of health and growth that importantly increase proprioception (the sensory modality in your brain that gives you awareness of your body's internal responses and self-regulates posture and movement). Based on the principles of physics and biomechanics, an empirical understanding of human physiology and the connection between mind and body, this method can dramatically improve range-of-motion, support a stronger and more stable skeleton, as well as provide you with a better self-image.
In these workshops, with Misha Forrester, you will be guided in:
- Slow, gentle, pleasurable movements designed to communicate between muscle, bone, and brain for increased neuroplasticity
- Building a capacity for greater body wisdom, coordination, ease and grace; better posture; and if you have been experiencing pain or stiffness, reduction in both, by using the whole body and by responding, knowingly, to your own movement cues
- Developing weight-bearing strategies to build stronger bones, better circulation, and confidence in moving and walking upright
To read about the Feldenkrais Method® click HERE and enjoy the articles on the right side; also, view this YouTube demonstration.
Explore yoga for every level and fitness with the added, unique variation of Yamuna® Body and Face balls to provide resistance pressure with less exertion and great results. Free the body of restrictions and create a calm and balanced you.
In these workshops,
- Yoga essentials that are both energizing and relaxing
- A vibrant appearance using Yamuna® Face Balls that exercise facial muscles and realigns your fascia network resulting in a vibrant healthy glow
- A greater appreciation of the breath, that facilitates a reconnection to your inner self, energy, and emotions
New Year's Eve Gourmet Buffet Dinner
Featuring an abundance of sensational dishes, our New Year's dinner is designed by macrobiotic chef and cooking teacher, Amber Maisano, and will be prepared by Amber and our team of other expert chefs from the Kushi Institute kitchen staff.
New Year's Eve Celebration Party
Ring in the New Year with other Kushi Institute guests along with our staff at this celebratory party, which will include music and dancing, snacks, and a midnight toast.
FULL DAILY SCHEDULE - CLICK HERE
OPTIONS DURING YOUR STAY:
During breaks in the program schedule enjoy strolling along our scenic country roads. According to the weather, feel free to bring your walking poles, running shoes, cross-country skis, and/or snowshoes.
Private sessions (not included in program tuition) offered during the week include: Nine-Star Ki, Restorative Massage, Shiatsu, Macrobiotic Consultation, Menu Planning, Feldenkrais Functional Integration®, and Energy Healing.
New Year Cooking Classes
Kushi Institute Senior Macrobiotic Teacher and Counselor Bettina Zumdick is a native of the Baltic Sea area of Germany, where she started Macrobiotics in 1985, and simultaneously studied Food Science at the University of Muenster.
She has taught and counseled Macrobiotics and other Body-Mind-Spirit related subjects such as meditation, chanting, and intuitive counseling in Europe and the United States for over 25 years.
Realizing the complex interconnections between body, mind and spirit, and through her own healing journey from Lyme disease, Bettina knows that it is possible to improve your health and to deepen the quality of all your experiences in life. It is her intent to share the knowledge and wisdom of this path for better health, vitality and being able to pursue your most passionate dreams in life.
|Private Sessions Offered: Macrobiotic Counseling, Macrobiotic Menu Planning, Energy Healing |
Bones for Life®
Guild Certified Feldenkrais Method®, and Bones for Life® practitioner, and Licensed Massage Therapist, Misha Forrester shares her time between the Kushi Institute and a private practice in restorative massage, Feldenkrais Functional Integration®, and teaching Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement®. Her clients include those with cancer, osteoarthritis, and fibromyalgia; with movement impairments such as MS, Parkinson's, stroke recovery, shoulder issues, and hip replacements; as well as yoga teachers, dancers, and those wishing to increase mobility and performance.
An effective method for reclaiming childlike flexibility and ease of
movement, Misha's Feldenkrais® private sessions and public classes are transformative, resulting in greater movement reorganization and alignment that makes long-term connections between brain and muscle.
Her personalized yoga style nurtures the whole individual, body, mind and spirit.
Her background in natural healing modalities, in addition to being a meditator, is evident in her therapeutic workshops which often compliment other mindfulness trainings.
Private Sessions Offered: Restorative Massage, Feldenkrais Functional Integration®
Nine Star Ki
Kushi Institute Senior Macrobiotic Teacher and Counselor Edward Esko is a key personality in the macrobiotic diet /health revolution. Edward trained extensively with Michio Kushi, and in 1972 he became vice president of the East West Foundation, a non-profit macrobiotic educational organization founded by Michio.
Edward has lectured in over a dozen countries, guiding thousands of people toward better health through the macrobiotic diet.Authoring and editing more than twenty texts on macrobiotic philosophy and cooking, many of which have been translated into languages other than English, he was honored with the Aveline Kushi award in 2006 for his contributions. With Michio, he co-authored, among others, Macrobiotic Approach to Cancer (1982), and Nine Star Ki (1991). Edward has served as a Kushi Institute faculty member since 1977, devoting much of his energy to the Kushi Institute's Macrobiotic Leadership Program.
Private Sessions Offered: Macrobiotic Counseling, Nine Star Ki personal profile
198 Leland Road
Becket, MA 01223
EARLY BIRD SPECIALS:
- $50.00 OFF when paid in full by
September 15, 2012
- $25.00 OFF when paid in full from September 16 to November 1, 2012
Fee includes the full program and all meals.
Arrival time by 3:30pm on Friday, December 28; program ends after brunch, 12 noon Tuesday, January 1st
- Housing options:Below prices are NOT per night - they include all 4 nights!
- $75 - Small single room in North Hall with shared dormitory style bathrooms.
- $75 ea - Shared double or triple room (per person) in North Hall with shared dormitory style bathrooms.
- $125 per person - Shared double room (per person) in the Main House with shared bathrooms along the hallway.
- $250 - Single room in the Main House with shared bathrooms along the hallway.
- $430 - Private Bath. These rooms have either 2 or 3 single beds, and can be used either as single room, or for friends or family wishing to share the room.
- Economical airport shuttle - only $50
Each way between Bradley International Airport and Kushi Institute, inquire when registering
- Private session fees and information click here
For More Information
or to Register
visit Kushi Institute Center for Natural Healing online here
For free articles and recipes,
and to find out about upcoming
programs and discounts,
click here to join our e-newsletter.
Kushi Institute is a federally approved 501-C-3 non-profit educational organization. Discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, veteran status, or disability is contrary to the principles and policies of Kushi Institute