| DVC dates, deadlines, and more||May 18, 2011 |
|Don't miss another important deadline. Stay connected with us:|
|Important admission and registration dates|May 21-27
- Final exams - view schedule
- Graduation ceremony 7 p.m. at Viking Stadium (weather permitting). Gates open at 6 p.m. View additional graduation information at www.dvc.edu/grads
- Memorial Day holiday - campus closedMay 31
- Open registration begins for summer termJune 13
- Summer term begins - view summer important dates (pdf)
| Summer registration going on now!|
| The fall schedule is now online!|
Planning for the perfect fall semester? Make sure to plan ahead and take advantage of your registration appointment time. Avoid disappointment by checking the online fall schedule immediately prior to your registration appointment to be certain your desired classes are still available. Log on to InSite to view your registration appointment day and time.
Don't miss our Courses to Consider section.
Critical deadlines and essential class information now ONLY available through the InSite portal and InSite mail.
| DVC Book Center|
Spring textbook rentals due back by May 27 at 3 p.m.!
Bring rental books inside the bookstore to the main cash register. Textbook buyback date and times:
May 23-27, 2011
Monday through Thursday - 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
Friday - 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
|Extended library hours during finals week
Thanks to funds raised by ASDVC, the library will be open an extra hour during finals week:
Monday, May 16-Thursday, May 19, 8 a.m.-10 p.m.
Monday, May 23-Wednesday, May 25, 8 a.m.-10 p.m.
View extended library schedule flyer
| Graduation 2011|
for more graduation information.May 16-27, 2011
- Student cap and gown sales at DVC Book Center. Graduation letter sent in early May will include details.May 27, 2011, 7 p.m.
- Graduation ceremony in Viking Stadium at DVC, Pleasant Hill Campus (weather permitting). The commencement ceremony and celebration are open to students who earned a degree or certificate for summer or fall 2010, or spring 2011. Students who have applied for and who have met the requirements for a degree or certificate will be sent detailed information about graduation in early May. Please take a few moments to complete the Graduation Memories
form. Thank you... and congratulations!
|Study Abroad. . .|
. . .in London, England
September 8-December 9, 2011. Limited seats. Sign up now. Application deadline is Thursday, June 16.
. . .in Florence, Italy
| Transfer Center|Budget cuts have affected the Transfer Center.
We will be closed for most of the summer and services for next fall will be reduced.What should you do in May?
UC and CSU admitted students should complete their "Statement of Intent to Register" (SIR).What should you do in the summer?
- Admitted students: Be sure to follow any instructions your college or university provides such as submitting transcripts and other documentation.
- Future transfers: Check websites for upcoming application deadlines for the CSU spring and winter terms and for private colleges.
- Saint Mary's is accepting fall applications until July 1!
More information can be found at www.dvc.edu/transfer
| Educational Talent Search Program
The Educational Talent Search Program
at DVC seeks math tutors and Teacher Assistants (TA) for Pre-Algebra, Algebra I, Geometry and Algebra II for summer 2011.
Paid positions for DVC students to work with local middle and high school students at the DVC campus. Must be available Monday through Thursday 8:30-10:30 a.m., 9:30-10:30 a.m., or 10:30-11:30 a.m. Students interested in being a tutor or TA should contact Jackie Castellano at email@example.com
Please visit our website
for more information.
| DVC's Viking Alumni Association |
The Inquirer, DVC's award-winning student newspaper is online!|
Check us out in print or online at www.theinquireronline.com
| Police Services silent witness tip line|
Students, faculty and staff can call 925-685-1230, ext. 1999 to provide information without having to leave any personal information.
For more information in case of emergency:
Contra Costa Community College District Police Services
Police Services on the Pleasant Hill campus is located in the northwest corner of Lot 1. If you are having trouble locating us, please contact our office, at 925-685-1230, ext. 2338, 2339 or 925-686-5547 and we can have a police aide escort you there.
Police Services on the San Ramon campus is located in W-102. Please contact our office, at 925-866-1822, ext. 5120.
| Stay informed during an emergency!|
Sign up to receive emergency email and/or text message alerts from DVC. These alerts will only be sent in the case of an actual emergency when the safety of our students and staff is at risk, or when we have to close campus for any reason. (At times, you may also receive a message as a test, at the same time that the monthly siren test is run. You will be notified that this is a test.) Please sign up at the following link:
Please create a new account, and fill out your contact information. To receive text messages, please click on the "Mobile device" tab behind the default "Email" tab.
If you are faced with a potentially violent or dangerous situation on campus ...
First move to a safe location and then immediately contact Campus Police at: ext. 2333 from a campus phone, or 925-680-7000 from your cell phone. (Calling 911 from a cell phone will result in an unnecessary delay.)
Our Campus Police are highly trained to deal with a wide variety of situations involving students and visitors on campus.
Our mission statement|
Valley College (DVC) is passionately committed to student learning through the
intellectual, scientific, artistic, psychological, and ethical development of
its diverse student body. DVC prepares students for transfer to four-year
universities; provides career and technical education; supports the economic
development of the region; offers pre-collegiate programs; and promotes personal
growth and lifelong learning. Complete mission statement